User is blocked by moderator, css is shown

3 years 6 months ago #320552 by ericmuc
Hi,
I have blocked a user for a test and in the visitor tab a rest of css design is shown in my site, please see attachment.
Can you please check, whether it is an error in your plugin? Or have I an css error in my template?
Thanks, best regards
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 6 months ago #320565 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic User is blocked by moderator, css is shown
Blocked how? A Joomla block should exclude them from the query entirely and not be visible in any visitor tab.

Looks like the viewing user was blocked by that profile owner using CB Privacy which will suppress all field display so that weird output is to be expected for now since those fields are treated as having no value. Blocking probably needs some improvements to output the generic canvas, avatar, and a name of some kind though so it doesn't leave blank spaces like that.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8170

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 6 months ago #320713 by ericmuc
Replied by ericmuc on topic User is blocked by moderator, css is shown
Hi,
CSS is shown from a profile which is banned and which is shown as a visitor from before at another user. Please see new image attached.
That is an design error, which I have to get rid of now. Any quick hint? In which file I have to look into?
Thanks, best regards
Eric
Attachments:

3 years 6 months ago #320714 by krileon
Banned and blocked are separate things. Banning a profile doesn't block their account. They can still login and use the site, but their profile is disabled. Ideally you should be doing a block if you want them off the site. Bans are meant to be a temporary solution and allow for a ban appeal. Banned users should still be visible or at least show a generic avatar. Have added a bug ticket to see if there's something wrong with those fields output for banned users.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8178

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 6 months ago #320715 by krileon
Retested access to banned profiles and it works fine. They display fine and upon reaching profile it notes they are banned. Please state exactly how you are blocking users. Profile ban? Joomla block? Privacy block? or something else?

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

3 years 6 months ago #320716 by krileon
Ok, was able to confirm your issue with the below scenario.

User A Blocks User B
User B views their Last Visitors Tab
User A on User B's Last Visitors Tab is blank

That's the issue described in my reply above.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/255-developer-members-support/242925-user-is-blocked-by-moderator-css-is-shown#320565

I'm currently working on a fix for this, but typically that's solved by using a display override for formatname, avatar, and canvas fields. I however am implementing default display overrides so issues like you're seeing can't happen anywhere.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn