Replace avatar with username in pending connection message

3 years 3 months ago #322525 by boyjahq
When viewing the profile of a member that has requested a connection, a message shows above the profile that tells us that connection request from that member is pending our approval. However, the message does not show the username but rather a microscopic version of that person's avatar.

How can we replace the tiny avatar icon with the member's username? I can see in the language file that the message comes from:

'CONNECTIONS_THE_CONNECTION_WITH_USER_IS_PENDING_YOUR_ACCEPTANCE' => 'The connection with [user] is pending your acceptance',

I tried various substitutions replacements for [user] but they didn't work.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 3 months ago #322547 by krileon
You can't, substitutions are not supported there. The only replacement available is [user] and is the users avatar. We'll be redesigning that in the future once we start redoing all of core CB views as Twig templates, which will be happening sometime this year.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: boyjahq

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn