Photo Gallery update changes existing parameter settings

3 years 3 months ago #322612 by boyjahq
After installing Photo Gallery and related plugins with 2.4.0+build.2021.01.11.15.59.25.7b549a7a2, I noticed some strange things around the website. I was finally able to determine that all of our parameter settings for Photo Gallery had been changed (reset?) after the update. We have not experienced that before with any of our other plugin updates. Fortunately it is a dev site and I was able to fix the issue, but I worry about something like happening again when the site goes live soon. Is it an anomaly, that parameter settings were reset? In this case it was just the Photo Gallery plugins that were updated on that day, so it was not so difficult to identify the source. However at other times an Update All action from Install From Web can be as many as 15-20 items being updated. It would be a mad scramble to go through and check all parameters. My point is that, if parameters being reset is something that we can expect, then we will modify our updating process to be more controlled so as to monitor each newly updated item as we install them one by one.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 3 months ago #322627 by krileon
Please see the below advisory regarding 2.4.0+build.2021.01.11.15.59.25.7b549a7a2.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/145-community-builder/243433-nightly-build-of-january-11th-2021

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn