[SOLVED] Sending Email Failed!

3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 3 weeks ago #322849 by galanopd
[SOLVED] Sending Email Failed! was created by galanopd
Hi,

I have checked the forum for similar errors but none is related to this message "Sending Email Failed! Error: You must provide at least one recipient email address". Of course I am providing a correct email address.

Both global sending emails (System > Global Configuration > Server by setting "Send Mail" to "Yes") and CB (CB > Configuration > Integrations by setting "Send Emails" to "Yes") are checked and are set to "Yes". Just to be sure turned them off, saved and back to on again but no luck.

The issue appears in all cases: 1. Asking only for user name 2. Asking only for password 3.Asking for both username and password.

User accounts checked and have username and password. I have even retyped passwords and email addresses, again no luck

Any ideas?

Thanks

P.S. The email account used in Global configuration works fine by pressing "Send test mail"

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 2 months ago #322860 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Sending Email Failed!

The issue appears in all cases: 1. Asking only for user name 2. Asking only for password 3.Asking for both username and password.

So this is only happening for the Forgot Login page? Do normal registration emails send fine?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 2 months ago #322879 by galanopd
Replied by galanopd on topic Sending Email Failed!
As I am not accepting new members, registration was not available to public. So I enabled it in order to check and the outcome is that the user doesn't receive the confirmation link although in Configuration->Registration->Email confirmation is set to yes. In Joomla Global configuration, the allow registration is also set to yes.

Now, in the CB back end in Users section, the new member application is shown but not enabled and not confirmed.

Problem persists...

3 years 2 months ago #322893 by krileon
If they're not receiving the confirmation email then emails are not working in general from CB. Likely due to incorrectly configured mailer settings in Joomlas global configuration. Are you trying to use SMTP, PHP Mail, or Sendmail in Joomlas mailer settings?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 1 month ago #322900 by galanopd
Replied by galanopd on topic Sending Email Failed!
I have tried all three (SMTP, PHP Mail, or Sendmail) and by clicking on "Send Test Mail" it works ok as I am receiving an email.

I have the feeling that it has to do with CB configuration, it must be something else...

3 years 1 month ago #322903 by krileon
Ensure "Registration Email Address" within CB > Configuration > Registration is either empty or set to a valid from email address from the mail server you're using as CB will use that as the from email address instead of Joomlas global configured from email address if it's configured. I recommend setting Joomla to PHP Mail if your host is already providing outbound emails for you.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn