[#8359] [SOLVED] Canvas Image imported upside down

3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #322966 by AlexRag
I'm not sure if this is a common occurrence, but for some reason, images uploaded for canvas photos by users are coming in upside down. :silly:

What would cause something like that to happen?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 1 month ago #322982 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Canvas Image imported upside down
Are the uploads from a mobile device? CB takes into account the orientation data for an upload. It's possible the JS responsible for checking orientation is failing though.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #322983 by krileon
Looks like this is due to browsers natively supporting orientation exif data. They're being rotated by the browser automatically when drawn to a canvas element for resizing. Looks like will need to add a check for this as it's basically double rotating now.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8359

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 1 month ago #322985 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic Canvas Image imported upside down
Ok. The image was uploaded on a desktop but it was a photo taken with a mobile device. When I crop it or if its a square image it seems to upload it ok.

3 years 1 month ago #322986 by krileon
I've tested Chrome, FireFox, and Edge. They all natively orientate the image now. Have implemented a fix to skip our JS orientation behavior if the browser supports native orientation.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlexRag

3 years 1 month ago #323014 by krileon
Core image fields fix should be available tomorrow or later today. Same fix was also applied to CB Gallery image uploads, which is available now.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn