PMs dont send alerts to all addressees

3 years 1 month ago #323073 by cliffvt
We have been using PMS Uddeim plug in etc with CB for over 10 years now with no issues. Two days ago I updated to 2.5.0+build.2021.02.01.21.20.37 and since then some users do not receive alerts when a Private Messages are sent to them. Weirdly some do and others don't.

Of course have tried all the fault-finding I possibly can from switches in Uddeim (we are on 4.0) - you name it, even mail server logs to see whether messages were rejected, but they were never sent to begin with.

And yes once again I tried all the usual reasons it could be, Front end user switches, back end switches, both Uddeim and CB configuration, mail server issues, Joomla mail send etc...

I have now exhausted every conceivable reason - does anyone have any idea what it could be at all or what else i can try?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 1 month ago #323075 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic PMs dont send alerts to all addressees
I assume you mean the email notifications within UddeIM? CB doesn't have any control over this. We just store the PM using UddeIMs API. I recommend posting to the below forums as we're not the developers of UddeIM and can't help you with UddeIM specific issues.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/25-uddeim-plugin-and-component

Have you considered moving to CBs built in PMS functionality instead of UddeIM?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 1 month ago #323076 by cliffvt
Replied by cliffvt on topic PMs dont send alerts to all addressees
OK will do that but just be clear that this only happened immediately after the upgrade to latest version of CB - is there a link perhaps with that? There has been no change for 3 years to Uddeim install.

3 years 1 month ago #323084 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic PMs dont send alerts to all addressees
I don't see how updating CB could have any impact on UddeIMs ability to send emails. The PMS code was not touched in latest CB release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn