Auto-recurring Stripe payment doesn't seem to work

3 years 1 month ago #323447 by krileon
Ok, was finally able to reproduce your issue. It happens when the IPNs are coming through extremely quickly causing the IPN handling to get behind. I'm working on a fix for this. Hopefully have a fixed build available tomorrow.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #323449 by cliffvt
Thanks Kyle, appreciate this. Looking forward to the fix. Would be good to see also how we update all the broken Auto recurring subscriptions "types" to work correctly. Poor user "Helen S" has paid 3 times the proper subscription amount with more coming through today... so off to do refunds again. :)

3 years 1 month ago #323461 by krileon
I can install a patched build for you if you like. This will at least resolve future cases of this happening. Recurring subscriptions already broken can't be fixed with a lot of fixes done to their database rows as there isn't an interface where the data can be edited in backend.

What was happening is for some reason on your site the sleep behavior wasn't working and it resulted in the IPN being processed too quickly (Stripe sent the IPN before we were even done processing the on-site API) and it's not setup to handle that (the sleep slows it down, but in your case the sleep didn't work) so it altered the basket to a non-recurring one when the payment status was captured in the IPN.

I recommend cancelling the recurring payments at Stripe. To do this navigate to Customer > Billing in your Stripe dashboard and from the dropdown of a subscription click "Cancel subscription..." next select "End of the current billing cycle" for "Cancel".

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 1 month ago #323476 by cliffvt
Thank you fo sorting this out Kyle - yes please, do install the patch. Thanks a lot

3 years 1 month ago #323477 by krileon
Ok, have installed a patched build of CBSubs and CBSubs Stripe. Please let me know if any NEW subscriptions still have this issue. You'll notice it still exists by checking CBSubs > Notifications where a subscr_signup IPN comes through immediately with web_accept for the same basket, but be sure to filter the notifications page to the Stripe gateway before checking. Still strange your install ignored the sleep behavior, but that behavior isn't needed now due to some better checks being implemented. I've confirmed locally the new behavior works fine to prevent this. I have another recurring test coming through today as well to further perform even more tests.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.299 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn