Profile and canvas images descriptions

3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #323177 by pastoweb
Profile and canvas images descriptions was created by pastoweb
Hi, it seems that the profile image description is displayed directly on the profile view. Is it possible to display it only in the profile editing view?

testsite.formalms.org/cb-profile/elearnit.html?tab=31

The canvas image description instead isn't displayed anywhere

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 1 month ago #323178 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Profile and canvas images descriptions
I assume you're referring to their tab descriptions which output to profile view instead of profile edit. This is hardcoded into those tabs. Add a Custom HTML field to those tabs that is not set to display on profile to add profile edit only descriptive text.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 1 month ago #323182 by pastoweb
Replied by pastoweb on topic Profile and canvas images descriptions
Thanks, it works, even if not an elegant solution... the displayed text has a different styling than the description displayed for other tabs.
Maybe you could consider improving this in future releases to have the same behaviour for all the tab descriptions (of course this is a minor issue...)

3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #323187 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Profile and canvas images descriptions
Have added a feature ticket to move the description to profile edit. That was done back in CB 1.x, but doesn't make any sense since CB 2.x introduced the canvas layout.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8378

Have also made a note to review the core tabs and make sure their descriptions can output.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 1 month ago #323207 by pastoweb
Replied by pastoweb on topic Profile and canvas images descriptions
Thanks!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn