Plan expiration, plan integration actions and grace periods

3 years 2 months ago #323427 by boyjahq
We are trying to understand the expiration flow when a plan has a grace period attached. We can't find a reliable way to test various settings as when we modify expiration dates, for example, in the CBSubs subscriptions page, things don't seem to operate as they normally do when the system does its normal operation.

Questions:

Is the user sent the usual automatic email telling them that their subscription has expired at the end of the subscription or the end of the grace period?

When do the plan Integrations (such as CB Fields and Email) for deactivation/expiration occur? At the end of the subscription or the end of the grace period?

During the grace period, are there any limitations to what a logged in user can do? Or is it exactly the same as if they are still on an active plan?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 1 month ago #323435 by krileon

Is the user sent the usual automatic email telling them that their subscription has expired at the end of the subscription or the end of the grace period?

Depends on what emails you're using. If CBSubs Mailer you've more control over this otherwise all behavior happens when the user actually expires at end of grace period.

When do the plan Integrations (such as CB Fields and Email) for deactivation/expiration occur? At the end of the subscription or the end of the grace period?

At the end of the grace period when they actually expire.

During the grace period, are there any limitations to what a logged in user can do? Or is it exactly the same as if they are still on an active plan?

No, plan works normally during grace period.

Grace periods are basically best used to support payment providers ability to notify your site about a payment. You'll typically want a grace period of at least 3 days to account for IPNs potentially being slow. This is really only a factor for recurring subscriptions though since you don't want a recurring subscription to expire prematurely.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: boyjahq

3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #323452 by boyjahq
One more question:

If, for example we have a 1 year plan that has a 1 month grace period (I know it is long, but in our case it is necessary), if that plan expires and is then renewed and we have "Manual renewal extends expiration date as follows" set to "Renewal extends expiration date (without gap or overlap)", does the expiration date that the renewal is based on reflect the actual 1 year from registration expiration date? Or will it be based on the expiration date of the grace period (the 13 month time period expiration date)?

For example, if they have a 1 year plan from 2020-01-01 to 2021-01-01 (1 month grace period results in actual expiration on 2021-02-01) and if they renew after expiration, will the renewed membership period ( with plan set to "Renewal extends expiration date (without gap or overlap") start on 2022-01-01 (original plan 1 year expiration date) or on 2022-02-01 (original plan expiration date plus 1 month grace period)?

3 years 1 month ago #323464 by krileon

does the expiration date that the renewal is based on reflect the actual 1 year from registration expiration date?

Yes.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: boyjahq

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn