List Management and CB Privacy

3 years 1 month ago #323809 by AlexRag
List Management and CB Privacy was created by AlexRag
I'd like users/members to be able to see other members using the List Management feature - how do I allow members to see other users in this list?

In my testing, I can see that users can see other users only after they are "connected".

What I am trying to do is to give users the opportunity to connect with others by viewing this list. I created a menu to the link visible to the usergroup members are added to when registering.

I have not been able to figure out which CBPrivacy setting to play around with.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 1 month ago #323814 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic List Management and CB Privacy
Only privacy rules that'll block them from being visible on a userlist entirely is Profile Privacy. Other privacy rules only take effect during a search.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 1 month ago #323816 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic List Management and CB Privacy

Only privacy rules that'll block them from being visible on a userlist entirely is Profile Privacy. Other privacy rules only take effect during a search.

Ah, ok. so if I give a user the option to make their entire profile private? connection or connections of connections, etc. basily means they won't appear on the list (if private)?

If so, then I gather that profile privacy would need to be kept to "public"?

And if it's set to public, the only way to prevent unregistered users access to the list would be to make sure the menu link is set to a registered userlist?

3 years 1 month ago #323818 by krileon

Ah, ok. so if I give a user the option to make their entire profile private? connection or connections of connections, etc. basily means they won't appear on the list (if private)?

Correct.

If so, then I gather that profile privacy would need to be kept to "public"?

Correct.

And if it's set to public, the only way to prevent unregistered users access to the list would be to make sure the menu link is set to a registered userlist?

Yes and No. Be sure to set the "Access Level" parameter on the user list to Registered as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 1 month ago #323819 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic List Management and CB Privacy
Right, Thank you.

I suppose the only other way for users to see other users is if they appear in the activity feed , but I gather they can't connect with them unless those privacy settings allow it.

Speaking of which, how are items that appear in the activity feed (via CB Activity Menu) affected by CB Privacy. In my testing I see all the activity but the user profile image is necessarily clickable.

3 years 1 month ago #323820 by krileon

I suppose the only other way for users to see other users is if they appear in the activity feed , but I gather they can't connect with them unless those privacy settings allow it.

It all depends on how private you want to allow people to be. For example you can configure CB Privacy to blanket protect a bunch of tabs/fields, but still allow direct access to users profiles. This allows access to send connection requests while significantly limiting what is visible. The direct access parameter is in CB Privacy > Parameters > Privacy > Profile.

Speaking of which, how are items that appear in the activity feed (via CB Activity Menu) affected by CB Privacy. In my testing I see all the activity but the user profile image is necessarily clickable.

If the avatar or formatname fields are protected by privacy, which they aren't by default, they won't be clickable. If the Activity tab itself is protected by privacy, which again it isn't by default, then that users activity won't display to users who don't meet their privacy requirements.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn