List Management and CB Privacy

3 years 1 month ago #323821 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic List Management and CB Privacy

It all depends on how private you want to allow people to be. For example you can configure CB Privacy to blanket protect a bunch of tabs/fields, but still allow direct access to users profiles. This allows access to send connection requests while significantly limiting what is visible. The direct access parameter is in CB Privacy > Parameters > Privacy > Profile.

Oh I see that now. Cool

So, if that is set to enabled i should then be able to have users appear in the userlist? ( I have no privacy setting for profile image; i.e. default).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 1 month ago #323826 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic List Management and CB Privacy

So, if that is set to enabled i should then be able to have users appear in the userlist? ( I have no privacy setting for profile image; i.e. default).

Yes, they will not be removed from the list if direct access is allowed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 1 month ago #323832 by AlexRag
This feature seems like a reasonable way to allow users to be discovered by other users while still allowing users to use the privacy settings to protect personal info like contact details (address, etc), which groups they belong to, etc).

CB Privacy is incredibly versatile. Thought overwhelming to configure, perfect to allow many use cases.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

3 years 1 month ago #323834 by AlexRag
Me again. :dry: I'm not sure what I did, but I'm trying to configure allowing one user connect with another. I have enabled the direct connect option in CB Privacy so users can be visible in the list page.

However, after a user tries to connect with another, they get the "You do not have permission message"

Is the ability to allow a user to be invited to connect only controlled by the profile privacy setting? In other words if a user sets it to private can't be connected?

If so, then I think I would just need to educate users that if they want to welcome connection requests, they need to make sure the profile privacy is set to public, which negates the use case I had in mind.

That being said, is the quick messaging and messaging feature another way one user can reach out to another or would that too be stopped by the profile privacy setting too?
Attachments:

3 years 1 month ago #323835 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic List Management and CB Privacy
Profile Privacy protects all interactions with that profile. Allowing direct access will not disable that. For what you're trying to do you should not be using Profile Privacy field as it does not fit your needs. For your usecase just enable privacy controls on a per tab/field basis since you want to allow direct profile interactions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 1 month ago #323836 by AlexRag
Thank you. Yes, it looks like Profile Privacy's all encompassing feature is not ideal in this use case.

So simply disabling profile privacy should do the trick of allowing connections? Or is there something else I need to reset?

(I take it disabling it just means unpublishing the field item?)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn