Joomla Search with multi-select drop down and field groups?

3 years 4 weeks ago #323903 by ericmuc
Hi,

In the Joomla plugin "Search - Community Builder" I can choose the cb fields for the search.

But I have the multi-select drop down fields in a field group. There not the country names are stored in the user profile but the country 3 alpha code, to have in all different languages the right name to show.

So my questions are:
1) is there a possibility (planned) to use the Joomla search for finding the content stored by such single or multi-select drop down fields?
2) I have searched for the country code stored in a group field with the Joomla search without success, is that possible somehow?

Thanks, best regards
Eric

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 3 weeks ago #323910 by krileon

1) is there a possibility (planned) to use the Joomla search for finding the content stored by such single or multi-select drop down fields?

No, search is always applied to the value. It will not search by select field labels.

2) I have searched for the country code stored in a group field with the Joomla search without success, is that possible somehow?

It should be possible to search a field group using the CB Search Bot with Joomla search module since it tries to use our userlist API to build the query, but you'll need to be sure to select the field group field in the plugins Fields parameter. It's possible this might not work though as searching field groups is complicated and if your database doesn't support JSON functions it also is inaccurate.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 11 hours ago - 3 years 11 hours ago #324423 by ericmuc
Hi,
By searching for the best way to give the user good search possibilities in my site and learned, that there are some technical limitations in the user list search with field groups I would like to ask you:

No, search is always applied to the value. It will not search by select field labels.

Could it be possible in future releases to can search with the Joomla CB search plugin with multilanguage drop down fields? So that the translation value of the currrent language can be typed in and the search is done with the stored value in the field?

Thanks and best regards
Eric

2 years 11 months ago #324426 by krileon

Could it be possible in future releases to can search with the Joomla CB search plugin with multilanguage drop down fields? So that the translation value of the currrent language can be typed in and the search is done with the stored value in the field?

No, sorry. There isn't a reliable or efficient way of doing that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ericmuc

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn