API to share on CB Activity

3 years 3 weeks ago #324018 by activha
API to share on CB Activity was created by activha
Hello

Do you have an API which would allow to share to CB Activity from outside ?

I mean that we have an android/ios application displaying CB activity in a web view and we would like to offer the ability to share external content to CB Activity via the standard iOS sharing buttons

Do you think it possible ?

thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 3 weeks ago #324028 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic API to share on CB Activity

Do you have an API which would allow to share to CB Activity from outside ?

No, API layer is coming with CB 3.x rewrite for CB and for plugins. We'll be utilizing the API, Webservice, and CLI endpoints that Joomla 4 itself provides.

I mean that we have an android/ios application displaying CB activity in a web view and we would like to offer the ability to share external content to CB Activity via the standard iOS sharing buttons

Do you think it possible ?

You should be able to do that using an CB Auto Action as you can create activity through an auto action. Leave Triggers as None and you can call the auto actions URL from an app using an HTTP request. I've no experience with iOS share buttons so beyond that I don't know what to suggest.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 3 weeks ago #324044 by activha
Replied by activha on topic API to share on CB Activity

you can call the auto actions URL from an app using an HTTP request

Specifically if a user want to share a link from outside through this auto action, what url should we use ? is there automatic parsing ?

3 years 3 weeks ago #324046 by krileon
The URL for the auto action is provided in the auto action under the Global tab. You'd use that in your HTTP request. You'd still need to know who the user even was though so you'll need to also send their user id with the URL as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 3 weeks ago #324048 by activha
Replied by activha on topic API to share on CB Activity
Yes I understand this, my question was what kind of mode should I use to allow users to share links : stream ? and if yes what are the infos to be sent, only the user id and the link ?

3 years 3 weeks ago - 3 years 3 weeks ago #324050 by krileon
If you want to create activity then the Mode should be Activity and Method as Create. As for what information you need it depends entirely on what you're even trying to share. If you want to share a URL as an attachment then at the very least you need to send the URL and the users user id to the auto action. Use the parameters in the Links fieldset to attach the URL to the post. It's not really a simply task as again no such API layer exists and you are having to create that entirely yourself.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn