Add Terms and Conditions field to CB login

3 years 4 weeks ago - 2 years 11 months ago #324023 by boyjahq
Is there a way to add the CB Terms and Conditions field (such as shows on the Registration page) to the user login page? So that every login would require username, password AND checking the Terms and Conditions box?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 4 weeks ago #324029 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Add Terms and Conditions field to CB login
No, but you can require them to accept the terms and conditions after login. To do this navigate to Extensions > Plugins then edit "Community Builder System plugin" and set "Verify Consent" to "Enabled". This will cause any required terms and conditions field that are available in profile edit to be validated on login. They will not be able to leave profile edit until they've accepted the terms and conditions fields.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: boyjahq

3 years 3 weeks ago #324126 by boyjahq
Replied by boyjahq on topic Add Terms and Conditions field to CB login
We have been using this since you suggested it and it seems to serve our purpose, but one issue we find is that, if a member is logged in and, for example, writing a blog post or sending a message to another user, or doing anything that they have spent some time producing, and the specified time after which they must again agree to terms is met, then they are taken from what they are doing and required to agree to terms. But once they do that and go back to what they were doing, all content that they have created is lost. Is there some way to avoid this? Or some way to have the content they were working on not be lost when they agree to the terms and then come back to it?

3 years 3 weeks ago #324130 by krileon
There's no way to avoid that. You'd need to specifically code something that keeps draft copies of whatever they may be doing, which would require PHP, JS, and a database table for storing drafts.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 3 weeks ago #324133 by boyjahq
Replied by boyjahq on topic Add Terms and Conditions field to CB login
Is there some way to have a message pop up letting them know that Terms and Conditions is about to expire (say, 1 hour prior) and they will be required to confirm. Then we can let them know to save any work they may be doing?

3 years 3 weeks ago #324135 by krileon
No, not unless you developed such a thing. It maybe possible using CB Code Field and a Code fieldtype to calculate if it's about time to verify their consent then use a CB Content Module to display a notice in a module position based off the output of that code field. You could also use the "Allowed URLs" parameter to add URLs for it to not redirect away from so certain save operations won't be interrupted.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.587 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn