Add Terms and Conditions field to CB login

2 years 11 months ago #324447 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Add Terms and Conditions field to CB login
There are explicit rules regarding this for GDPR as again this features purpose is for GDPR compliance. They have to explicitly reconfirm their acceptance of terms and conditions. Pressing the update button would not qualify. They have to select the checkbox again.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #324588 by boyjahq
Replied by boyjahq on topic Add Terms and Conditions field to CB login
We have discovered an issue with this functionality. Every time a user agrees to terms and updates, it is removing their setting for preferred language parameter. Is there some way to make that not happen? It is causing a lot of complaints from Japanese users who keep getting sent to the English side of the site when they login and it is causing them to receive auto mails in the wrong language.

2 years 10 months ago #324595 by krileon
When is it removing the language? During profile update when they're saving the checkbox again? It shouldn't since that's just a normal profile update and should save the language selection assuming the field is on profile edit.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 10 months ago #324645 by boyjahq
When a user of a specific usergroup logs in and the terms and conditions must be agreed to, when they check the box and click update, the language parameter for that user is reset to "- Use Default -" It turns out that saving any profile edit (password, email address, adding or changing avatar image, etc.) causes this to happen.

We have discovered the cause of this and are looking for a way to avoid the language parameter reset.

For this specific usergroup, the language parameter is set to Japanese at registration and we do not want them to be able to change the language in their profile settings. So we hide this parameter setting on profile edit for this usergroup using CB Conditional in the User Parameters field. Even though we have "Reset" set to "No" for this Conditional setting, the fact that the field is hidden from this usergroup seems to cause it to reset to default anytime any part of their profile is updated.

Is there a way to avoid this? How can we prevent members of this particular usergroup from changing the language parameter while preventing the system from reseting it to default upon any kind of profile update?

2 years 10 months ago #324651 by krileon
There is not a way to avoid that at this time beyond ensuring the field is always available. Have added a bug ticket to see if it can be fixed.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8500

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: boyjahq

2 years 10 months ago #324662 by boyjahq
As a workaround I made an auto action that sets the params field with the proper settings for this usergroup with trigger joomla_onUserAfterSave and it seems to be working now as we need it to.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn