Kunena + Activity Feed + CBPrivacy

2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #324166 by AlexRag
Kunena + Activity Feed + CBPrivacy was created by AlexRag
I've decided to also include Kunena on the site rather than EasyDiscuss because of the tighter integration with the activity feed plus the option to include the forum tab in the profile. Both are great integrations.

My question is, besides enabling the activity feed option in the Kunena/CB plugin is there anything else I need to do start seeing posts in the activity feed about Kunena?

Speaking of integration, which sorts of activity gets posted?
  • x user posted a new topic
  • x user replied to a topic
  • x user favourited a topic

It is also safe to assume that CB Privacy will respect user privacy settings, including when a Kunena topic is created for a specific group?
Or does Kunena category user access settings affect what shows up on feeds?

Thanks!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 11 months ago #324168 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Kunena + Activity Feed + CBPrivacy
We don't maintain the Kunena integration with CB so I'm not sure what that parameter even does. For Kunena topics to appear in CB Activity you need to have CB Auto Actions installed then within CB Auto Actions > System Actions publish "Kunena - Create" and "Kunena - Delete" system actions, which will then log activity anytime a discussion is started.

It is also safe to assume that CB Privacy will respect user privacy settings, including when a Kunena topic is created for a specific group?
Or does Kunena category user access settings affect what shows up on feeds?

Normal activity access checks are still applied to the activity, but Kunena will have no influence on the access to that activity. The activity should just link to the topic and if a user doesn't have access to that Kunena category then Kunena will prevent access accordingly.

This is all already enabled on our demo site below where you can give it a try.

demo.cbdemosites.com/

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 11 months ago #324169 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic Kunena + Activity Feed + CBPrivacy
Thanks for the advice on the Auto Actions step.

I did not realize the integration was coming from Kunena's end. Makes me a little nervous if they decide to drop it down the road :unsure:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn