error 0 Class 'ZipArchive' not found when installing CB main comp last version

3 years 1 week ago #324223 by giesse
Hi
when trying to install CB last version as suggested just opening my joomla 3.9.25 website
i.e.
2.5.0+build.2021.03.29.19.51.43.c82ad6ad4
I get error as per subject, even installing by joomla control panel, even installing through CB control panel, even installing after having downloaded the file at local.
Never happened until now

Thks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 1 week ago #324230 by krileon
Please contact your host. They do not have zip compiled with PHP. ZipArchive is required to handle zip files. Provide your host the following if they're unsure how to enable zip.

www.php.net/manual/en/zip.installation.php

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yohan_boisdarc

3 years 1 week ago #324234 by giesse
near impossible. I have access to php control panel and rush to double-check.
But .zip files were uploaded and installed from every third parties by me personally until 4 o 5 days ago !!! Successfully !!

3 years 1 week ago #324237 by giesse
You were right: PHP 7.4 "zip" option was disabled.
I flagged it, and installation went smmothly successfully.
I wonder how that option was not checked , and why is there on php 7.4

Anyway

Many thanks

Gino

3 years 1 week ago #324239 by krileon

But .zip files were uploaded and installed from every third parties by me personally until 4 o 5 days ago !!! Successfully !!

Joomla has a fallback for extracting zip files if ZipArchive isn't available. We've no such fallback and depend on ZipArchive. Some core Joomla functionality also relies on ZipArchive, but just not the installer.

I wonder how that option was not checked , and why is there on php 7.4

Originally the PHP flag compiled PHP with libzip AND zip extension, but now libzip is always included with PHP now so the flag was changed to only add the zip extension.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: giesse

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn