Cannot get captcha to appear on registration page on website

2 years 11 months ago #324360 by RobertvanderHulst
I tried everything I could think of, but on one of my websites I cannot get the "CAPTCHA - reCAPTCHA " to appear on the registration form, causing a lot of attempts from bots to register on the website.
I compared all the settings that I could think of with another website where it does work, but I cannot seem to find the reason.
On both websites I have:
- CB 2.5.0+build.2021.02.01.21.20.37.ae3d43f4e
- CB AntiSpam 4.0.0+build.2021.01.18.19.06.57.87739f5df
- CAPTCHA - reCAPTCHA version 2
- Keys are entered correctly
- All parameters identical.
- Both sites have the antispam_captcha field with the same options. The site where it is working has some extra CB modules (CB Query, CB Subs CB Privacy, so there are some extra tabs for this field)

The captcha does appear on the Login and Forgot Login forms, so the captcha is working, but not on the registration page, where it is very much needed.

Do you have any idea what could be causing this?

Robert

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 11 months ago #324365 by krileon
All that should be necessary is antispam_captcha field in CB > Field Management be set to display on the registration form and be published. If it's still not showing you may have an incorrectly configure Moderator View Access Level in CB > Configuration > Moderation. Ensure it's not set to Public for example. If that's already the case then it might be a JS error causing the problem. Press F12 to open your browsers developer tools then click the Console tab and refresh your registration page then look for any errors (they'll be red).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 11 months ago #324370 by RobertvanderHulst
Replied by RobertvanderHulst on topic Cannot get captcha to appear on registration page on website
Kyle,

Thanks, this is exactly what I needed.
Moderators View Access Level was set to Public.
After changing that to "Special" or "Super Users" the captcha field appeared.

So why did this control the visibility on the Registration page and not on the Login and Password reminder screens ?
And maybe there could be a bit more help on the configuration page about how this may also affect things like the visibility of the captcha ?
The CB Primer book also only mentions: "To take advantage of the Moderators View Access Level functionality you need to
understand how the Joomla ACL Views work and how they differ from Joomla groups"

Robert

2 years 11 months ago #324372 by krileon
The moderator view access level by default is set to Special so it should've never been Public. Basically you were giving everyone moderator permissions, including guest users, and moderators are exempt from captcha. The login and forgot login captcha isn't a field that can output to profile edit and is only applied to triggers available to guest users so it doesn't bother with doing a moderator check.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #324375 by quinage
We have the same problem, in registration Captcha doesn't appear, and in Javascript Console those are the messages:

[Error] ReferenceError: Can't find variable: cbjQuery

and it appears with many references, but Moderators View Access Level has always been set to "Special" and never changed

2 years 11 months ago #324377 by krileon

We have the same problem, in registration Captcha doesn't appear, and in Javascript Console those are the messages:

[Error] ReferenceError: Can't find variable: cbjQuery

and it appears with many references, but Moderators View Access Level has always been set to "Special" and never changed

That's not the same issue as this topic. Your issue is due to a fatal JS error preventing the captcha JS from rendering the captcha.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn