Display member data in other components

2 years 11 months ago #324424 by pastoweb
Display member data in other components was created by pastoweb
Hi, how canI display info from a member profile in other components?

I.e, on the K2 author profiles, or whenever a member is also an author

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #324427 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Display member data in other components
If wherever you want to display that information supports Joomla content plugins then you can use CB Content Bot and just use substitutions there. If it doesn't then you'll need to use our getFields API below and PHP to pull profile data to external extensions. See the below on how to do this.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18361-obtaining-field-values-through-getfields-api

There's also the possibility of using CB Auto Actions which can act on Joomla events as well as CB triggers. If that extension has an event for where you want to insert CB user data that's also a possibility. Simply prefix any Joomla events in CB Auto Actions with joomla_ in the Triggers parameter.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.343 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn