Change Log for beta builds

2 years 11 months ago #324433 by activha
Change Log for beta builds was created by activha
Hello

Could it be possible to have a change log in real time when you publish new builds ?

For instance, trying to check latest CBSubs change log does not show what has been added or changed recently on this build

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 11 months ago #324436 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Change Log for beta builds
We already have a real time changelog. You can always view our forge at any time. When we make changes we always create a forge ticket for them unless the change is something minor like fixing a typo in a string. There are plans to further improve CB Package Builder though so we can use API to grab the changelog instead of just sending to a projects roadmap page.

For nightly builds they'll usually always contain the next versions tickets that have been marked resolved unless they're still pending review. So for example the current changelog link for CBSubs is as follows since it's the latest stable.

forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/cb-paid-subscriptions/roadmap?completed=1#4.5.0

If you scroll down to 4.5.1 that will show you what's in the current nightly. On the roadmap new tickets are always at the bottom, but on the issues page below they're always at the top.

forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/cb-paid-subscriptions/issues

We'll be improving all this with CB 3.x since we've to change our versioning to be more compatible with Joomlas version checking since CB plugins will become Joomla extensions. We'll probably just have to release them as RC releases so version comparison can work better and being versioned releases we can ideally have specific changelogs for them.

What will also help is a better ticketing system. I'll be working on a new project eventually that just integrates with our Gitlabs so we can use its ticketing system and everyone can view tickets directly on Joomlapolis instead of being sent to our forge, which is just using redmine.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 11 months ago #324437 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Change Log for beta builds
Thanks a lot

that will be easier to follow and decide if we can update the main website or only the dev one

(and yes i know it should be the dev, but for small enhancements it's quicker to do it right on the production one ;-) as there are some way back )

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn