Fail in the upgrade of latest version

2 years 10 months ago #325414 by sereniteam
Replied by sereniteam on topic Fail in the upgrade of latest version
Ok I first ask my webhost to make a snapshot of our running website before letting you try to test something. I currently tried on local host and finaly succeed in implementing all component but then I lost all specificities and all the content of the Fr language substitutions.
I come back to you as soon as I get the confirmation of the back-up and send you a PM with the credentials Best regards

SereniTeam

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 10 months ago #325418 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Fail in the upgrade of latest version
I do not recommend providing a live copy of your site. I cannot guarantee the review won't break something.

You should provide a clone of your site instead in a subdomain or subfolder. The best way to do this is to typically make a copy of the database, make a copy of the site folders structure into your subdomain or subfolder, adjust configuration.php to point to your copy of the database, then turn off emails globally in Joomla (so the test site doesn't email your users). Things can then be safely debugged without impacting your actual site.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 10 months ago #325425 by sereniteam
I've got this message on my administration saying that I haven't fixed a PHP temporary directory Is that can explain the problem ?

Le répertoire temporaire PHP est celui que PHP utilise pour stocker un fichier enregistré avant que Joomla puisse y accéder. Bien que l'absence de définition ne soit pas toujours un problème, si vous avez des erreurs concernant la non-détection des fichiers ou manifestes envoyés, définir ce répertoire dans votre fichier php.ini pourrait régler ce problème.

SereniTeam

2 years 10 months ago #325426 by krileon

The PHP temporary directory is the one that PHP uses to store a saved file before Joomla can access it. While the lack of definition is not always a problem, if you have errors regarding not detecting sent files or manifests, setting this directory in your php.ini file might fix this problem.

Yes, that absolutely will cause problems. Files are uploaded to PHP tmp before moved to Joomla tmp for install. If there's a permissions problem with PHP tmp or Joomla tmp then things will either not install or only partially install.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 10 months ago #325427 by sereniteam
So then do you have a clu about the repertory name I should add to the php.ini ? Actually I have very bad knowledge about that matter

Help could be fine
Best regard

Shall I grab the php.ini file before

SereniTeam

2 years 10 months ago #325428 by krileon
Contact your host for server related configuration problems. PHP is not setup correctly if it's tmp directory is not accessible or doesn't exist. This is specifically referring to upload_tmp_dir in php.ini.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.571 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn