Email Notification For Users Who Pay-Offline

2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #325016 by AlexRag
I have a offline payment option and the "Email Confirmation" in CB configuration is also set to yes.

When a user registers using the offline payment option, I would like for them to get some kind of email confirmation with the instructions on how to pay (e-transfer and cheque, just like what they say on the screen and what I added in the Payment Slip. I know once I manually process the payment, they get an "email confirmation" email, which notifies them that the account is activated.

What is the best way to approach being able to send an email once they registered (but have not yet paid)? Would I be using the Mailer function with conditional settings?

If so, would I be looking at the "Main Mailer Triggering Conditions" in the Basic Tab

and/or "Existing subscriptions and CB Fields and Dates conditions" in the Conditions Tab

Also, will something like this require setting up a cron?

OR is there another setting I should looking at altogether?
----

For users who pay by credit card, they automatically get the "Email Confirmation" message to proceed with the transaction but I will likely also set up an Auto Welcome email using that plugin as well.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 10 months ago #325026 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Email Notification For Users Who Pay-Offline
The basket will be in a pending state so you'll need to set "Relative to this date of the plans below" to "Pending Basket last updated Date". None of the subscription state's are relevant for such a basket since a subscription doesn't exist yet so setting those under the conditions tab won't work.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 10 months ago #325039 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic Email Notification For Users Who Pay-Offline
Great! Mailer it is! I will give this a try.

So will setting "Pending Basket last updated Date" and then set the "Automatically send message at following date" to at would send the email right after they confirm their offline payment (i.e. lock the transaction)?

Would this be enough to only target those users who selects offline? I only have Stripe as my other payment option, so users who select that would be approved as soon as payment goes through.

I also have a free plan, and imagine those are also excluded as their would be nothing in the basket.

2 years 10 months ago #325046 by beat

AlexRag wrote: Great! Mailer it is! I will give this a try.

So will setting "Pending Basket last updated Date" and then set the "Automatically send message at following date" to at would send the email right after they confirm their offline payment (i.e. lock the transaction)?

Mail will be sent out when the Mailer is triggered by a cron job, so how soon depends on your Mailer settings and number of mails in the sending queue, with a cron job running "often" it would be "soon".

Would this be enough to only target those users who selects offline? I only have Stripe as my other payment option, so users who select that would be approved as soon as payment goes through.

I also have a free plan, and imagine those are also excluded as their would be nothing in the basket.

Free plans don't get through the Pending state, so won't fulfll that condition and thus not trigger that mail.

Regarding Stripe payments, it will depend on the payment method at Stripe. Credit cards usually go into completed state directly, but e.g. SEPA or ACHD payment can stay in the Pending state for days, so would trigger the Mailer.

I'm adding the ability to use payment basket values in substitutions to conditions on values for mailers and promotions, so that you can condition the mailer to the payment gateway id, the new version including this should be available in next day(s):
forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8546

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

2 years 10 months ago #325103 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic Email Notification For Users Who Pay-Offline
Thank you for the feature update to allow me to target emails to pending baskets (offline) . It looks like it's been implemented. How soon will the plugin (assuming it's CBSubs Mailer)?

2 years 10 months ago #325118 by beat
The new CBSubs 4.5.2 release is ready and should be released very soon, it is pending the announcement final writing and review.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.731 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn