Email Notification For Users Who Pay-Offline

2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #325208 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic Email Notification For Users Who Pay-Offline
I'm adding this here for future reference. I was testing and the cron was not firing as I missed a couple other settings.

I realized I forgot to add the 3rs part of the condition "Condition 1 (> for Dates)" A=B - Does this look correct?

The other item was in the group tab. I had not accounted for free members (i.e already enabled) who upgrade to a paid plan and pay offline. They should also get the email with instructions. So I set "Applicable to enabled/blocked users" to all.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 10 months ago #325221 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Email Notification For Users Who Pay-Offline

I realized I forgot to add the 3rs part of the condition "Condition 1 (> for Dates)" A=B - Does this look correct?

That looks correct.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 10 months ago #325230 by AlexRag
Thank you.

Just a quick question about the cron frequency, you mentioned running the:

"Url of cron task to both process mailer rules into queue and then to process mailqueue" once per day."

In my case I have set up the mailer to send an email to those who paid offline. Does the 'once per day mean' that if the cron fired already, and someone sign up after, won't get the email until the cron fires the next day? If so, and I set the cron to fire more frequently, it shouldn't cause any sire performance issues will it? ( I prefer people receive emails almost as soon as they sign up.)

2 years 10 months ago #325251 by krileon

Does the 'once per day mean' that if the cron fired already, and someone sign up after, won't get the email until the cron fires the next day

Yes, typically it's best to run the CRON late at night when hardly anyone is on. Do this every day and the largest time gap someone could have is 24hrs for their email to be sent.

If so, and I set the cron to fire more frequently, it shouldn't cause any sire performance issues will it?

It can cause performance issues. It takes server resources to parse through your users and build an eligible list of recipients. It's recommended to run the CRON tasks during times of low activity. If you need to run it multiple times per day, which I do not recommend, then try to run it on low activity times.

( I prefer people receive emails almost as soon as they sign up.)

Then you shouldn't be using CBSubs Mailer for that. You should be sending the email immediately with something like CBSubs Emails, the presentation tab emails, or CB Auto Actions and its Email action.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 10 months ago #325263 by AlexRag

Then you shouldn't be using CBSubs Mailer for that. You should be sending the email immediately with something like CBSubs Emails, the presentation tab emails, or CB Auto Actions and its Email action.

Oh, how did I miss those? The only thing though is I only wanted a specific email to go to those that paid offline. The email was basically a targeted welcome message along with further instructions on how and when to pay.

BUT, I just found the "Substitutions in Thank You messages and workflow Emails" section further down the Presentation Tab! I think the "Email on pending payment of manual renewal" is what I need!

Question: For the on-screen message set up under "Thank-you text (payment pending", will this only show up for off-line? The helper says this text displayed appears if the payment is pending or registration is pending. If I set the global registration up to have users confirm their emails before activating accounts (even those that pay by credit card), would this message show up for them to?

I'll also explore AutoActions to see some other possibilities too. I'm not clear on where I configure CBSubs Email - or is that the "engine' that runs the email sending?

2 years 10 months ago #325265 by krileon

Question: For the on-screen message set up under "Thank-you text (payment pending", will this only show up for off-line?

No, offline payments have a different workflow than regular payment gateways. They don't go to a thank you page like other payment gateways.

If I set the global registration up to have users confirm their emails before activating accounts (even those that pay by credit card), would this message show up for them to?

No, the thank you text is shown after making a payment through a gateway that accepts payments. Offline gateway is an exception to this and does not go to a thank you page and instead just goes to the payment slip page.

I'll also explore AutoActions to see some other possibilities too. I'm not clear on where I configure CBSubs Email - or is that the "engine' that runs the email sending?

You shouldn't need to. The pending payment email configured under the presentation tab should cover your usage fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.318 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn