Controlling Ability For Users To See Other User Profile (Kunena)

2 years 9 months ago #325020 by AlexRag
I am not sure where I would adjust access setting for users in a certain usergroup from being able to click a user link in a Kunena Post that redirects to a user profile?

I am testing out a site with two usergroups, one having limited access, that ideally can't link to other user profile pages and (if possible) not even be able to make connection requests.

I'm not sure if this is a setting in Kunena, CB, CBSubs, Joomla or some combination.

Thanks!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 9 months ago #325027 by krileon
Probably the easiest way to do that is CB Privacy and use the Profile Privacy field to force profile privacy controls onto every profile. CB Privacy supports usergroups and view access level privacy rules as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 9 months ago #325036 by AlexRag
I have the Profile Privacy Field in the Contact Us tab, but have also enabled the "simple" feature so all privacy setting are sitting in its own tab.

To better understand the Profile Privacy Field - Is it like a blanket or global setting for a user so that it they select private it would hide their profile everywhere, include in a CB List? And it would override other privacy setting like hiding Connections, Groups, etc)?

That said, I still want one specific usergroup (paid) to be able to find others in the same usergroup (and not necessarily prevent this ability). The "free" user group should not be able to click to see the paid usegroups profile. I think I have set this up everywhere in CB ok - just Kunena sees to be the problem. If I force private, wouldn't this prevent the paid usergroup from finding each other?

2 years 9 months ago #325053 by krileon

Is it like a blanket or global setting for a user so that it they select private it would hide their profile everywhere, include in a CB List?

Yes.

And it would override other privacy setting like hiding Connections, Groups, etc)?

Yes, the entire profile should be inaccessible unless you configure it to allow profile access and then configure it to block the selected fields/tabs within the profile privacy fields settings.

That said, I still want one specific usergroup (paid) to be able to find others in the same usergroup (and not necessarily prevent this ability). The "free" user group should not be able to click to see the paid usegroups profile.

Set the profile privacy to that usergroup. That should do exactly what you're wanting.

I think I have set this up everywhere in CB ok - just Kunena sees to be the problem. If I force private, wouldn't this prevent the paid usergroup from finding each other?

CB Privacy does not integrate with Kunena. The only thing it might do is block linking to profiles from the sidebar name and avatar links if CB is replacing those using CB Forums.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 9 months ago #325070 by AlexRag

Set the profile privacy to that usergroup. That should do exactly what you're wanting.

Could you point me to how to do that? I am looking in the privacy plugin, but I think I am supposed to look elsewhere. :S

CB Privacy does not integrate with Kunena. The only thing it might do is block linking to profiles from the sidebar name and avatar links if CB is replacing those using CB Forums.

If the end result is the linking is blocked from an avatar or name in Kunena to ALL users (including paid members), that's fine by me. Paid members will have access to other user's profiles via CB lists, etc.

2 years 9 months ago #325078 by krileon

Could you point me to how to do that? I am looking in the privacy plugin, but I think I am supposed to look elsewhere.

The privacy rule probably isn't enabled if you don't see it in the dropdown. Within CB Privacy > Privacy > Rules you can enable it and even select what usergroups you want available.

If the end result is the linking is blocked from an avatar or name in Kunena to ALL users (including paid members), that's fine by me. Paid members will have access to other user's profiles via CB lists, etc.

It shouldn't block it for all users. It should only block it for users you can't access due to privacy settings. Kunena should just be rendering the formatname field which turns to non-linkable if the profile isn't accessible. If it's not then try replacing Kunena's sidebar in CB Forums and add the substitution for the formatname field as follows.

[cb:userfield field="formatname" reason="list" /]

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn