Notifications

2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #325022 by AlexRag
Notifications was created by AlexRag
I was wondering what sorts of notifications users get that they can see from the icon in their profile?

Is there a way to also have admin send mass notifications?

Any plans to integrate with those browser based ones out there, some with joomla extensions?
Push Alert ( pushalert.co/https://pushalert.co/ ) and One Signal ( onesignal.com/https://onesignal.com/ )

eg. extensions.joomla.org/extension/pushalert-web-push-notifications/https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/pushalert-web-push-notifications/ (Push Alert)

eg. www.extensionbase.com/joomla-web-push-notifications.htmlhttps://www.extensionbase.com/joomla-web-push-notifications.html (One Signal)
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 9 months ago #325029 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Notifications

I was wondering what sorts of notifications users get that they can see from the icon in their profile?

Depends on what notification system actions you've enabled in CB Auto Actions > System Actions.

Is there a way to also have admin send mass notifications?

Yes, but only within CB Activity > Notifications. There's no way to create manual notifications like it's an activity entry or anything from frontend.

Any plans to integrate with those browser based ones out there, some with joomla extensions?

There are plans to implement support for native browser notifications API. There are no plans to integrate 3rd party notification services. Most users are not going to give permission for this though so it's not something I'm rushing to implement. Ensuring the CB Activity notifications icon is present on every page via CB Activity Module would be more useful than trying to get people to give notification API permission.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 9 months ago #325037 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic Notifications
Thank you. I do like keeping everything inside CB rather than rely on 3rd party notification platforms. I will have a closer look at Auto Actions.

I was looking at things like when user requests to connect with another user, they would see notification on their profile (i.e. the blog icon) when they log in, just in case they missed seeing the email message.

2 years 9 months ago #325050 by AlexRag
I managed to get the system auto actions enables and can see users getting notifications now for things like connection requests.

I have also set up a Notification Module to display messages there and also seeing them when users click on the globe.

The one quirky thing going on though is if the user accepts a Connection Request from the Globe icon or from the Module it still appears in the other place, which may confuse the user to clicking the "ACCEPT" button a second time.

This results in the user getting an ERROR message:
Error: You are not authorized to view this page!

Other than having the notifications appear only in one place (The globe icon or a Module), How do I prevent this?

To recap. The user already accepted connection in the Manage Connection area. Notifications still appear in the globe icon and in a module. If user clicks accept again, the error message appears. I am wondering if the message should say “You have already responded to the request

Attachments:

2 years 9 months ago #325057 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Notifications
Looks like you didn't enable all the notifications for connections as that would normally be deleted when a connection request is accepted or rejected. Ensure you've the following system actions enabled in CB Auto Actions > System Actions.

CB Connections - Request Notification
CB Connections - Accepted Notification
CB Connections - Rejected Notification

If you don't want actual accept/reject notifications then make copies of the accept/reject system actions and only apply their delete behavior so that notification is deleted when accepted/rejected.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #325062 by AlexRag
It looks like had not enabled CB Connections - Rejected Notification, but the others were. Would not having the one still cause the issue?

If you don't want actual accept/reject notifications then make copies of the accept/reject system actions and only apply their delete behavior so that notification is deleted when accepted/rejected.

So normal behaviour is that even if the user accepts/rejects, the message would remain and they would need to delete it themselves? I like the notification so they can conveniently accept/reject right inside the notifications.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds