Standard ACTIVITY TAB streaming from Gallery Tab and other Gallery Fields.

2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #325091 by cez
I tried to put information about the publication of images from additional gallery (gallery field) on the default Activity TAB.
It was not easy, after three days of searching CB forum and reworking various autoactions, manipulating of assets only achieved the publication of the post, but without the image, which I added as a url link of the type
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbgallery&action=item&func=preview&id=[var1_id]&format=raw
.The result, of course, without the Modal window opening with comments as in the gallery...

In the end, I found the solution a bit by accident:
1. Create a Gallery type field in any TAB and note the field id (FIELD_ID)
2. Leave this new Gallery's Assets empty - media will have default Asset: profile.USER_ID.field.FIELD_ID
3. Save as a copy of CB Auto Actions: System Actions -> CB Activity, CB Gallery - Create
4. In this new autoaction:
a. We leave the settings including Triggers (galery_onAfterCreateItem, galery_onAfterUpdateItem)
b. Change the Condition (asset from our new gallery field)
VALUE [var1_asset]
Equal To
profile.[user_id].field.FIELD_ID

c. And now the most important thing (which I discovered being a bit desperate) in Action Asset we combine what has a standard gallery with what has a field gallery, that is:

Asset: profile.[user_id].field.FIELD_ID.gallery.[var1_type].[var1_id]

And that's it. It works perfectly.
The grouped pictures from both galleries appear on the Activity stream separately with the Modal window working in both cases after clicking. And when you remove an image from an additional gallery, the standard Autoaction system also deletes the entries from the new Gallery field. :)

I hope it will be useful to someone.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #325101 by krileon
It should already be creating the activity and being output on stream for field galleries out of the box. There however is a bug with it rebuilding the gallery for this activity so it doesn't display right now, which is being fixed in a new CB Gallery release I'm currently working on. You should not need to do any of the above.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8561

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #325169 by cez
Thanks! :)
Confirm: In last CB Gallery, Version: 2.5.0+build.2021.06.11.13.15. it works out of box. Thx again.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.847 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn