Preparing to setup CB Connect

2 years 9 months ago #325175 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Preparing to setup CB Connect

Okay, I've gone through the steps with Facebook and seeing this message when I try to have a user link with Facebook:

Seeing that message where? On your site? An error like that usually means the servers mod_security is blocking the request.

UPDATE#2: I managed to be able to test out Facebook and Google on a live site and it seems to be working okay. The only worry I have is whether these apps limit whether sites need to be on primary domains, vs a subdomain? The latest test I tried was on a primary domain.

You have 2 domains for the same site? You'll need to authorize both in your application then.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 9 months ago #325182 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic Preparing to setup CB Connect

Seeing that message where? On your site? An error like that usually means the servers mod_security is blocking the request.

Yes, the screen was blank and just that message appeared. I'll check with my wehbost provider about mod_security.

You have 2 domains for the same site? You'll need to authorize both in your application then.

No, I set up new Facebook and Google apps on a completely a different site and it worked fine to confirm I set up the other apps correctly. This one was a root domain.

The one I am having issues with is a subdomain and I am not sure if this is the reason or if it matters. Both sites are on the same server.

2 years 9 months ago #325183 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Preparing to setup CB Connect

Yes, the screen was blank and just that message appeared. I'll check with my wehbost provider about mod_security.

Ok, then yes that'd be mod_security.

The one I am having issues with is a subdomain and I am not sure if this is the reason or if it matters. Both sites are on the same server.

The domain parameters in the application are pretty strict. Just read their descriptions carefully. Some only want/need the root domain and others want the subdomain.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn