"User" option in Privacy Permissions

2 years 10 months ago #325286 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic "User" option in Privacy Permissions

By this you mean, the "Profile View Access Level" setting?

Yes.

- Public means all registered users

Yes.

- Users is disabled because it's not necessary since Public Rule takes care of it.

Yes.

- Usergroups as noted above, means paid users can specifically choose JUST paid members under usergroup section and if they are okay with opening it up to ALL registered users they can select Public?

Correct.

Side question: Where could (if possible) I change the name "usergroups" in the dropdown (see image). Joomla language overrides or CB language?

You'll have to use CB language overrides for that. CB Privacy just directly passes the usergroup name through language translations. Example as follows to translate a usergroup.

Key: Registered
Text: Users Only

This may cause it to translate in other locations in CB though. There isn't a CB Privacy language key specific to those privacy rules at this time.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 10 months ago #325295 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic "User" option in Privacy Permissions
Thanks again, Kyle. Is the word "usegroups" that appears in the dropdown translatable?

I know this may be a long shot, but is it possible to move the location of the usergroups options in the dropdown (it appears at the bottom after Connection Types now.

2 years 10 months ago #325297 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic "User" option in Privacy Permissions

Thanks again, Kyle. Is the word "usegroups" that appears in the dropdown translatable?

Yes, that one does have a CB Privacy specific language key. You can use PRIVACY_USERGROUPS language key to translate it.

I know this may be a long shot, but is it possible to move the location of the usergroups options in the dropdown (it appears at the bottom after Connection Types now.

No, not without writing custom PHP to reorder the options on the privacy_onAfterPrivacyOptions trigger. The options are in var1 and you'd have to configure it to be a reference variable if using CB Auto Actions. I don't recommend doing this unless you're proficient in writing PHP and working with arrays.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #325298 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic "User" option in Privacy Permissions
Thank you! The site I've been pestering you about these last few weeks launches this week. So hopefully I have it all figured out. :)

No, not without writing custom PHP to reorder the options on the privacy_onAfterPrivacyOptions trigger. The options are in var1 and you'd have to configure it to be a reference variable if using CB Auto Actions. I don't recommend doing this unless you're proficient in writing PHP and working with arrays.

I shall leave well enough alone!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn