[SOLVED] Line break and Language Overrides

2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #325160 by AlexRag
I was looking to use Language Overrides to add a line break between the contents of a private message in an email and the auto message: "NOTE: This email was automatically generated from..."

The reason is one of the email notices (i.e. You have a new private message), the Auto Generated Message is on the same line as the actual content of message, for example:
xxx has sent you a new private message.

How are you doing? NOTE: This email was automatically generated from...

To address this, I thought it would be easier to target EMAIL_NOTE_AUTOMATIC_GENERATION when adding this:
<br><br>NOTE: This email was automatically generated from [sitename] ([siteurl]).

It worked for the "You have a new private message" and "You have a new private message reply"

but not for any of the Connection emails (Request Accepted, Pending connection, etc). Those display the tags:
<br><br>NOTE: This email was automatically generated from...

I also tried "<br />" but that to did not work,

So, then I decided to just target FROM_HAS_SENT_MESSAGE, however it does not have the [message] substitution where I can add a line break after it.

Is there anything else I can try?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 10 months ago #325174 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Line break and Language Overrides
HTML and non-HTML emails are being mixed by adding HTML to the footer message. Add the line breaks to FROM_HAS_REPLIED_MESSAGE_WITH, FROM_HAS_REPLIED_MESSAGE, FROM_HAS_SENT_MESSAGE_WITH, and FROM_HAS_SENT_MESSAGE language strings. We still need to review fixing the issue of non-HTML linebreaks existing in an HTML email as those need to be converted to HTML based linebreaks.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 10 months ago #325186 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic Line break and Language Overrides
Ok. I'll avoid adding line breaks to EMAIL_NOTE_AUTOMATIC_GENERATION

Looks like the only one I'm having trouble with is
key:FROM_HAS_REPLIED_MESSAGE
text: [from] has replied to your private message.
Adding a line break to it, doesn't work as it does not have the [message] substitution in it. (I want the line break after the message, before the auto message)

2 years 10 months ago #325187 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Line break and Language Overrides
That language string isn't supposed to have a [message] substitution. Just add the linebreak at the end of it after "message.". The language strings with [message] have their language keys ending in _WITH as shown in my previous reply.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 10 months ago #325191 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic Line break and Language Overrides
Thanks again!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn