CBSubs substitutions works in some emails and not others

2 years 9 months ago #325360 by boyjahq
I have an email auto action which includes the following substitution and it works perfectly:
[cbsubs:if plan="3" status="A"]Your Host Break membership is still active until [cbsubs:subscriptions plan="3" output="expiry_date"/][cbsubs:else]You currently have no active memberships[/cbsubs:else][/cbsubs:if]

However, when I put the exact same code into the Email on expiration for a plan, it does not process but instead simply shows the code in the email.

How can I get the same type of substitutions to work in the plan expiration email?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 9 months ago #325363 by krileon
CBSubs substitutions like that are a processed using a Joomla content plugin. So you need to be sure wherever you're using them process Joomla content plugins. For emails configured under the Presentation tab of your plans this should just require "Prepare content using CMS Content plugins" to be enabled, which can be found under the "Description of plan" parameter.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 9 months ago #325366 by boyjahq
We always in every place possible have "Prepare content using CMS Content plugins" to be enabled.

2 years 9 months ago #325368 by krileon
Is it enabled within that specific plan? I've reviewed the code and I see no issues with the presentation tab emails sending the email through Joomla content plugins. Are you sending a text email or an HTML email? If text email does switching it to HTML email work?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 9 months ago #325369 by boyjahq
It is enabled in the plan and we have gone to HTML for all emails.

2 years 9 months ago #325370 by krileon
I've retested every presentation tab email with your exact usage above (plan id changed of course) and they all work fine. How are you triggering expirations? Ensure the cbsubsbot within Extensions > Plugins is published and public as it's responsible for the Joomla content plugin usage you're using.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn