Subscribe to one plan/Unsubscribe from another plan

2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #325481 by boyjahq
Is it possible to make it so that subscribing to one plan will automatically unsubscribe the currently active plan?

We want it to be that, if user is subscribed to Plan A and they then subscribe to Plan B then they are automatically unsubscribed from Plan A. We tried this with the plan upgrade method, but it presented some problems. The main problem was that, once Plan B was upgraded to, we could not get Plan A to show up as an option for subscribing/renewing again. It just disappears from the user's subscription options.

If a user has Plan A and upgrades to Plan B, we then want Plan A to be visible as an upgrade option. But we can't seem to find a way for that to happen. Once they upgrade from Plan A to Plan B, then Plan A is no longer an upgrade option.

We tried to use a CB Paid Subscriptions auto action where the action is to Unsubscribe from Plan A, but we can't figure out how to get it to trigger based on subscription to Plan B.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 9 months ago #325490 by krileon
Configure both plans to be exclusive then under the Workflows tab set "Propose plan for upgrades only if it is more expensive" to "No: It will be possible to upgrade to this plan (for free with pro-rating) if all conditions below and elsewhere are met". That should allow them to upgrade back and forth between the two plans.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: boyjahq

2 years 8 months ago #325507 by boyjahq

Configure both plans to be exclusive then under the Workflows tab set "Propose plan for upgrades only if it is more expensive" to "No: It will be possible to upgrade to this plan (for free with pro-rating) if all conditions below and elsewhere are met". That should allow them to upgrade back and forth between the two plans.

That was our expectation but no matter what we do or what settings we change, we cannot get the "upgraded to other" plan to show up as an upgrade option. Once Plan A has been upgraded to Plan B, Plan A is no longer visible/available as an upgrade option.

2 years 8 months ago #325510 by krileon
Unsubscribe from Plan B and you should be able to renew/upgrade to Plan A. If Plan A still has time left on the subscription it will restore to its active state when unsubscribing from Plan B. The idea here is people don't lose time off their subscription that they paid for.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.431 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn