[SOLVED] [#8633] Rating field - size adjustment.

2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #325699 by cez
Hi, does anyone know is there a fairly simple way to adjust (enlarge) the stars in the rating field? Any hint, e.g. about CSS? (probably in components \ com_comprofiler \ plugin \ templates \ default \ jquery \ rateit). I am trying to change something, but as a result the whole thing (along with the digital results) falls apart ...

And by the way, a question to CB Team, are you planning to refresh this field, I have the impression that it is a bit "dusty".

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 7 months ago #325702 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Rating field - size adjustment.
Not without some work, but will update our rateit jQuery plugin and switch it to use CSS based stars instead of the images. This will make it easier to change their size, change the stars, etc..

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8633

And by the way, a question to CB Team, are you planning to refresh this field, I have the impression that it is a bit "dusty".

Yup, it's currently using a jQuery plugin and as we're dropping jQuery in CB 3.x we'll be replacing it with our own cleaner JS component and redesigning its display in the process. For now will do as noted above however for some improvement.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 7 months ago #325715 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Rating field - size adjustment.
Rating fields and rating usage in CB ProfileBook are now font based instead of image based in latest nightly builds of both. It's already default larger than the image based usage, but if you need it larger you can use the below CSS to increase its font size.

.rateit.rateit-font {
	font-size: 60px;
}

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cez

2 years 7 months ago #325739 by cez
Replied by cez on topic Rating field - size adjustment.
Works great. Changing the size of the stars in the rating field is now quite easy!
"Thank you very much" seems not enough considering the quality of your user support.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn