[SOLVED] AutoAction "Register a new user" and blank page after update user profile edit.

2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #325818 by cez
AutoAction creating a new user causes an error and a blank page if called when user edit his profile (the user is created, but the page gets a blank page error when saving). At the same time, the same AutoAction called from the front of the profile using "CB Core Fields Ajax" works without any problems. So maybe the problem is not so much with creating the user, but with refreshing the page after pressing "Update" and saving profile with this AutoAction?

Also tested today (2021.07.29) on your demo.cbdemosites.com site as a Demo User. I have created a text field on your Demo site and an autoaction run onAfterUserUpdate on [var1 ...] not Equal to [var3 ...] and Equal to ... - same effect, blank page if user saves from profile editing and ok if he uses the Ajax front.
I use it and it worked fine during testing a few weeks ago, I can't tell when it stopped working, I restored a backup from a few days ago and the same problem, so sometime before.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 8 months ago #325822 by krileon
Enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration next in your auto action under Parameters enable Debug. Now retry and see if any errors output. Not every auto action type is suitable for every location.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #325830 by cez
Damn sorry! i could have done this before... error output:

CBPaid Debug Message
USER ERROR: cbpaid:onAfterUserRegistration: No free plan but no plan chosen ! in D:\xampp\htdocs\...\components\com_comprofiler\plugin\user\plug_cbpaidsubscriptions\cbpaidsubscriptions.php on line 616
Trace:called in class cbpaidErrorHandler::_error_handler_callable(256, "cbpaid:onAfterUserRegistration: No free plan but no plan chosen !", "D:\xampp\htdocs\...\components\com_comprofiler\plugin\user\plug_cbpaidsubscriptions\cbpaidsubscriptions.php", 616, array("user" => object(CB\Database\Table\UserTable), "rowExtras" => object(CB\Database\Table\UserTable), "bool" => true, "_PLUGINS" => object(cbPluginHandler), "params" => object(cbpaidParamsConfig), "registrationPlansEnabled" => "1", "enableFreeRegisteredUser" => "0" (...)

It turns out to be a conflict with CBSubs settings: Allow Free Registered Users (without subscriptions) is set to No...
Yep... after setting Allow ... to Yes, the problem with creating a user with auto-action disappears.

After auto creating a user, I assign a Plan to him in the next step another AutoAction, but maybe I could use Fields settings when creating in 1st step, and keep Allow... to No?

2 years 8 months ago #325831 by krileon
You're trying to create a user without a subscription, but your site requires one. There isn't really a workaround for that except adjust "Allow Free Registered Users (without subscriptions)" as you've already found. CB Auto Actions isn't able to send a plan selection with its registration action.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 8 months ago #325832 by cez
Thanks for the clarification. This is unfortunately painfully logical ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn