Unable to save profile backend updates VIA user management

2 years 8 months ago #325915 by cagoffice
Hi,
We have tried to update someones information and are unable to do so. Login to backend and select user management and when we save it just brings you back to the dashboard with no message or saving.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 8 months ago #325916 by krileon
That typically means you're hitting POST input limits, broken HTML in one of the tabs, or a FORM element is embeded inside profile edit. How many fields do you have and are you using a lot of field group fields? If you're using Custom HTML fields be sure your HTML is valid and you don't have an unclosed tag somewhere. Be sure you're not trying to do something like render a tab inside profile edit that doesn't belong there (e.g. gallery tab or field, etc..). Does frontend profile edit save fine?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 8 months ago #325917 by cagoffice
Hi, We are able to login as super user and then go to cb-profile and edit the profile or another user that way. It is strange that the issue only just presented itself this week.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

2 years 8 months ago #325918 by krileon
So you can save users in backend, but only if logged in as super user? I assume your issue where it's failing is with an administrator? This likely means something critical is not available to the administrator user or something is available that's breaking the form as described in my previous reply. Is frontend save impacted in any way or is this entirely impacting backend?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 8 months ago #325919 by cagoffice
Hello,
Sorry but the adjustments that we are making are from the front end. We can login to the front end using super user and go to cb-profile/username to make edits then.
Thanks,

2 years 8 months ago #325920 by krileon
Ok, and editing that same user from backend while logged in as that same super user doesn't work? Are there fields available in backend that are not available in frontend? Are you using CB Auto Actions to act on any profile update triggers and if so what action types are you using?

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn