How should I export datas

2 years 7 months ago #326131 by sereniteam
How should I export datas was created by sereniteam
I try to re-developp a global web site in order to test the joomla 4 and the compatibility of the deferent components.
For that I took a new host serveur on a external serveur and have upload a brand new joomla 4.1. I uploaded a new package Community-Builder but then I would like to ajuste it as it is on our site www.monbilansportsante.fr.

The new site is vnonzya.cluster031.hosting.ovh.net

What is your recommandation for extracting the TAB and the Field that already exist on monbilansportsante.fr ?

Then as a test-site I have planned to download some users from monbilansportsante.fr before up-load then from the new site compoent. Is that correct or can I use the database to set the table as they are in monbilansportsante DB ?

SereniTeam

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 7 months ago #326135 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic How should I export datas
Suggest just completely cloning your existing site then upgrading it to Joomla 3.10 then to Joomla 4 if you want it to have the exact same data. You can probably use something like Akeeba Backup to make a quick copy of the site if you don't know how to export the files and database yourself.

Your alternative is carefully exporting various database tables as needed. Taking note that some contain site specific data so you should only export the structure of those tables and not their data (e.g. _comprofiler). CBs database tables all begin with _comprofiler, CBSubs tables begin with _cbsubs, and GJ tables all begin with _groupjive.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 7 months ago #326141 by sereniteam
Replied by sereniteam on topic How should I export datas
I thought that was the solution but then Joomla 4 wasn't possible due to some of the component that were detected as uncompatible.

So I don't see the real solution

SereniTeam

2 years 7 months ago #326142 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic How should I export datas
The pre-check won't stop you from updating to Joomla 4. Just be sure you're on Joomla 3.10 first before updating to Joomla 4. Make a backup before doing this if you're doing it to a live site. You can also disable those extensions in Extensions > Manage if you think they might cause some sort of problem.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.404 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn