CB Activity and iOS

2 years 7 months ago #326367 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Activity and iOS
Ok, added a parameter to CB Gallery > Parameters > Videos > Validation to toggle on MOV support, which will allow MOV uploads and rename their extension to MP4. This should work fine for all modern MOV uploads since Apple has set their default codec to web standard, but it's not a guarantee. That's the best I can do for now until ffmpeg support is implemented into CB Gallery. This parameter is available now in latest CB Gallery build release. It is only supported for uploads and not links since converting a link extension would just break the link.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 7 months ago #326375 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB Activity and iOS
Thank you so much !
That’s working perfectly well on ios with our PWA :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

2 years 2 months ago #328057 by activha
Coming back on this subject, it seems that size validation for videos takes the setting from file upload and not video upload.
Mind to check and tell me ?

Also could you tell me if I can override the upload window area somehow ?
We'd like to add some infos about the max size/ seconds for videos/mov uploaded this way and maybe have a look at what kind of features we could manage to add as the website is now a PWA

Thanks

2 years 2 months ago #328058 by krileon

Coming back on this subject, it seems that size validation for videos takes the setting from file upload and not video upload.
Mind to check and tell me ?

If you added mov to the allowed extensions for file uploads be sure to remove it and toggle on the mov support for video uploads. Your uploads are probably still being treated as files.

Also could you tell me if I can override the upload window area somehow ?
We'd like to add some infos about the max size/ seconds for videos/mov uploaded this way and maybe have a look at what kind of features we could manage to add as the website is now a PWA

The following triggers can be used to add additional information to the gallery upload page.

$_PLUGINS->trigger( 'gallery_onBeforeItemsNew', array( $viewer, $gallery ) );
$_PLUGINS->trigger( 'gallery_onAfterItemsNew', array( $viewer, $gallery ) );

Your code should just return whatever HTML you want output. The before trigger outputs at the top just under the header. The after trigger outputs at the bottom just below the uploaded items list.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #328059 by activha

Your uploads are probably still being treated as files.

Exact, forgot to remove it !

Thanks for the triggers...
BTW could you add a video icon when a video has been uploaded ? the display area is blanked until the video file has been downloaded, so for some lengthy videos users do not notice that it can be played

Added:
Do you use getUserMedia somewhere in CB Galery ?
Could we add this to the upload feature ? I mean using this API to control video addition and save the files with CB Galery upload feature ?

2 years 2 months ago #328071 by krileon

BTW could you add a video icon when a video has been uploaded ? the display area is blanked until the video file has been downloaded, so for some lengthy videos users do not notice that it can be played

No idea what you mean by this. All videos should show their first frame as a thumbnail. You can also upload a custom thumbnail if needed on the medias edit page.

We're limited in what we can do without something like ffmpeg where normally we'd just extract the first frame and just save it as an image to be the thumbnail. For now only YouTube and Vimeo links support thumbnails at time of linking since they have the API for it. CB Gallery will eventually support this when CB Framework is developed as I plan to include vendor dependencies like PHP-FFMpeg so we can finally have some video manipulation, but that'll still only work if you can get your host to install ffmpeg.

However I think I might have an idea on how to extract thumbnails using JS by rendering the video in a canvas element in the background during upload. That would be something we could implement before CB Framework. Have added a feature ticket to look into this for next CB Gallery release.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8842

Do you use getUserMedia somewhere in CB Galery ?

No, we use a standard File input.

Could we add this to the upload feature ? I mean using this API to control video addition and save the files with CB Galery upload feature ?

A standard File input works fine no matter the device. I'm guessing you want to support users directly streaming video to an upload? It maybe something supported in the very distant future, but at this time there are no plans for it.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.377 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn