[SOLVED] Recommendation to upgrade

2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #326840 by galanopd
Recommendation to upgrade was created by galanopd
I need to allow any member to upgrade to PlanC from PlanB only if there are at least two recommendations from (either 2 PlanC or 2 PlanD members or 1 and 1) and a rating of 4 stars and more. Any ideas on how to implement that?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 5 months ago #326843 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Recommendation to upgrade
You need to figure out how to have your rating system first. Are you just using rating fields? or do you have some sort of 3rd party rating system or are you using the rating for the Guestbook in CB ProfileBook? As for the plan you'd just condition it under the Workflows tab against a Code (CB Code Field) or Query (CB Query Field) field depending on if you need to use PHP or SQL to get the information you need.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #326844 by galanopd
Replied by galanopd on topic Recommendation to upgrade

You need to figure out how to have your rating system first. Are you just using rating fields? or do you have some sort of 3rd party rating system or are you using the rating for the Guestbook in CB ProfileBook?

For the moment I have a 3rd party rating system (vReview) but I think they don't develop it anymore. In any case the less 3rd party ones the better, so I am thinking of using the CB one. Is there any documentation on this to understand how it works? As far as I can understand it mainly works with Guestbook, right?

As for the plan you'd just condition it under the Workflows tab against a Code (CB Code Field) or Query (CB Query Field) field depending on if you need to use PHP or SQL to get the information you need.

So I have to go through a seperate plan or implement it within all plans. Sorry for my kind of newbie questions but I really try hard to understand the whole system.

2 years 5 months ago #326845 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Recommendation to upgrade

For the moment I have a 3rd party rating system (vReview) but I think they don't develop it anymore. In any case the less 3rd party ones the better, so I am thinking of using the CB one. Is there any documentation on this to understand how it works? As far as I can understand it mainly works with Guestbook, right?

We don't have an official review integration. The Guestbook just happens to have support for rating the profile when signing the profile, but it's not designed as a review plugin. Rating fields are just profile fields for rating, but they don't accept any text like a review would.

So I have to go through a seperate plan or implement it within all plans. Sorry for my kind of newbie questions but I really try hard to understand the whole system.

You need to write the necessary PHP code or database query depending on if you want to use CB Code Field or CB Query Field to fulfil the condition you're trying to meet then you'd just condition against your code or query field within your plan under its Workflows tab. There is nothing out of the box that can provide for your specific need.

Since you're using a 3rd party review system I can't provide any kind of substantial example. You'd need to query the database of your review extension and join the _cbsubs_subscriptions table to your query since you are wanting to also check for subscription status of those that reviewed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: galanopd

2 years 5 months ago #326846 by galanopd
Replied by galanopd on topic Recommendation to upgrade
I understand. I will try to see how it goes...

2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #326878 by galanopd
Replied by galanopd on topic [SOLVED] Recommendation to upgrade
Used a CB Query field that brings the average rating from the 3rd party extension and conditioned it under workflows of the plan as you said.
It works fine!

Thank you Kyle
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn