[SOLVED] Email form

2 years 2 months ago #328025 by galanopd
Replied by galanopd on topic [SOLVED] Email form
Confidential info sent (PM)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 2 months ago #328033 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic [SOLVED] Email form
Looks like you're using a custom CB template and you've replaced the PHP files and it's out of date. It doesn't have the data attributes. Switch back to default template and it should work fine. Your alternative is to just add the data attribute yourself to your fields HTML and grab it in your JS. For example if you directly added it to the cbEmailUserSubmit as follows.

<input name="submit" type="submit" value="Email ValProf" id="submit-button" class="btn btn-primary cbEmailUserSubmit" data-user="[user_id]">

Then the below jQuery can just grab it from there.

$( '.cbEmailUserSubmit' ).on( 'click', function(){ 
	window.open( 'index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=emailuser&uid=' + $( this ).data( 'user' ) + '&emailoptions=free' );
});

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #328034 by galanopd
I will check that but can I use overrides to the original template without creating a custom one? If yes, where do I find the overrides in the original one as I have some custom CSS

2 years 2 months ago #328036 by krileon

I will check that but can I use overrides to the original template without creating a custom one? If yes, where do I find the overrides?

Depends on what you're trying to override. If you just want to override the CSS then you can use the Template Builder built into CB Template Changer to generate custom templates. This avoids touching the PHP and only overrides whatever CSS you want.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #328037 by galanopd

If you just want to override the CSS then you can use the Template Builder built into CB Template Changer to generate custom templates.

I am missing something here or maybe I haven't installed something as I don't see any Template Builder?
When entering CB template changer there is nothing there except 2 tabs (Global and Parameters)
What I did was from CBPlugin -> CB Template Changer -> Templates -> New and created a Custom one as there was no template before.
That's the one I used for overrides to add CSS.

2 years 2 months ago #328039 by krileon
CB > Plugin Management > CB Template Changer > Templates is where you can manage custom templates. Those generated there are CSS only custom templates and they do not override the PHP or HTML of the core template. Once created you can assign as the default profile template from there or within CB > Configuration > User Profile.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn