[SOLVED] Email form

2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #328040 by galanopd
Replied by galanopd on topic [SOLVED] Email form
That is exactly what I have done!
So I do not understand why PHP or HTML are overriden...
If I delete the existing custom one and recreate it will it be ok?

EDIT 1: Here is what I did. I changed the Default state of custom to X. Normally now it works with the CB default template but the problem persists.

EDIT 2: I have even created a new template but the problem was not solved either

EDIT 3: data-user="[user_id]" in HTML works!

But I still do not understand why since I haven't changed anything in the template, it doesn't work...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 2 months ago #328041 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic [SOLVED] Email form

But I still do not understand why since I haven't changed anything in the template, it doesn't work...

Do you have the latest CB build release installed? If CB is out of date that could explain things. I don't remember when I added support for the data attribute, but it certainly should be there if your install is up to date.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #328042 by galanopd
Yes I have the latest (I think), at least I updated it a few minutes ago but still nothing changed.

2 years 2 months ago #328043 by krileon
Ah, it's because profile links were turned off. If profile linking is turned off in your userlist it won't add the data attribute.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: galanopd

2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #328046 by galanopd
Ok now it all make sense... But I turned profile linking off for a specific reason.
If profile linking is on, then wherever you click on the list it takes you to the profile automatically and in this case the submit button or any button or link is useless!

A. I believe the profile linking is necessary
1. So the data attribute work
2. To have the username active in case someone needs to click on it (or on the image) to visit the user's profile

B. The profile linking (the way it is) is not so effective for the following reasons
1. By clicking anywhere on the list to visit a user's profile is not such a good idea (unless I am missing something). I say this because someone could even accidentaly click somewhere on the userlist page with unexpected results....
2. The link on the username makes no sense since the whole thing is a link

So the final question is: Can I have the profile linking active but links to only work for the username and the submit button (or any link that I define)? If yes, then data attribute will also work fine.

2 years 2 months ago #328065 by krileon

If profile linking is on, then wherever you click on the list it takes you to the profile automatically and in this case the submit button or any button or link is useless!

That's what the CSS class cbClicksInside is for explained below.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/255-developer-members-support/244575-solved-email-form?start=30#328004

Add it to the root element in your HTML. So your top level div and you'll be able to click within it fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: galanopd

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn