Install/update hanging on one site

1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #329457 by ejde
I can't figure it out. One site that had CB installed with some plugins refuses to update any of them.

I have tried uninstalling Community Builder, which worked fine. But, I cannot reinstall it. I just get the attached installing message, which stays up indefinitely. Same thing was happening when I went to install updates to the installed plugins earlier (CB Subs, rounded template, etc.)

I have tried clearing the site cache, repairing database tables, repairing permissions, emptying the temp directory, and now totally uninstalling. So, just looking for some traction. Any ideas?
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #329464 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Install/update hanging on one site
Joomla version? PHP version? Try downloading CB manually from the downloads page below.

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads

Next unzip the package and install CB from the /extensions/packages folder through Joomla installer and see if any errors output. We've improved the package installer to catch errors more reliably so not sure what's causing it to hang at this point.

If issue persists please PM backend super user login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 10 months ago #329542 by ejde
Replied by ejde on topic Install/update hanging on one site
Now it's apparently all the sites on our server...
PHP version is managed by CloudLinux. Most sites in question are running PHP 8.0.18. Joomla version is 3.10.9 Stable.

I get the same problem if I manually install. This only just started happening after many years, so I'm not sure what changed. All other Joomla extensions update using the normal Joomla installer just fine.

I will PM SU credentials. Thanks!
-Eric

1 year 10 months ago #329543 by krileon
Was able to find the cause. Thank you for providing credentials. Appears to be a conflict with gzip compression. Was able to fix the conflict. We should have out package installer updated sometime today to prevent this happening again in the future.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8957
forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8958

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 10 months ago #329545 by krileon
Ok, we've updated package builder on our end and invalidated package installer cache. This shouldn't be a problem anymore for the foreseeable future!

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: ejde

1 year 10 months ago #329563 by ejde
Replied by ejde on topic Install/update hanging on one site
Excellent! Works like a charm on all our sites. Thanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn