Importer error: no user to import

12 years 4 months ago #185627 by basidee
Importer error: no user to import was created by basidee
So, I have configured my new CBSubs v1.2.2 running on my new J!1.7.3 and created a free subscription plan.

Now I try to migrate existing registered users into this free plan using the import form, with the following settings:

Import users from: All user from a given CMS ACL group
User Group: Registered
Destination Subscription plan: Free Subscription
Current state: Active
Subscription date: Today (using calendar)
Import: Yes...

...then it gives me above error. What have I done wrong, people?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #185647 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Importer error: no user to import
I believe this is an identified bug that has already been fixed for next CBSubs 1.3 release.

Workaround is to use file with list of userid (comma separated).

12 years 4 months ago #185689 by basidee
Replied by basidee on topic Re: Importer error: no user to import
I created attached file and tried to import using the comma-separated list of IDs option but it returned an error: Importer-error: non-numeric userid value.

Can you review the file and see if I did anything wrong?

File Attachment:

File Name: subs.txt
File Size:5 KB

When is 1.3 coming out?
Attachments:

12 years 4 months ago #185841 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Importer error: no user to import
Strange, I've checked your import and it appears to be all digits. Have you tried adding a trailing "," at the end of the list of userids? Have you tried splitting the file into small files and doing the import in chunks?

When is 1.3 coming out?

When it's ready.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago #186344 by basidee
Replied by basidee on topic Re: Importer error: no user to import
Well, I did spot some bugs in the userid list, but even after removing them I could not achieve the objective. When I click on import, the screen would go blank. Then I would look at the subs list and discover it only added 1 subscription - not all the users on the list.

So, I had to manually generate an sql script to insert almost 2,000 users into the subscriptions table using phpmyadmin. No easy task for me.

I really hope the next release will correct this major issue.

12 years 3 months ago #186403 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Importer error: no user to import

Well, I did spot some bugs in the userid list, but even after removing them I could not achieve the objective. When I click on import, the screen would go blank. Then I would look at the subs list and discover it only added 1 subscription - not all the users on the list.

Then your import is now working, but you need to break it up. You're running through several thousand lines of code performing thousands of operations to give each user a subscription. Then multiply that by 2,000 and it will crash any non-dedicated hosted site. You need to split it apart into 3-4 or more files.

So, I had to manually generate an sql script to insert almost 2,000 users into the subscriptions table using phpmyadmin. No easy task for me.

Never do this, you've just imported 2,000 failed subscriptions. CBSubs has a complex process for creating subscriptions for users. In addition to several issues you may cause by doing this absolutely none of your CBSubs integrations have fired. For example if you're using SQL Actions then none of the queries you supplied executed for your users. You must use the import tool to create those subscriptions properly.

I recommend deleting the imports you've done via database query and splitting your import file into several files as to not run into memory limit or timeout issues.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn