Promotions

12 years 3 months ago #185906 by xcarlson
Promotions was created by xcarlson
Hello,
I would like to create a new promotion with the following criteria on an exsiting monthly recurring plan.

Currently the plan is setup to pay 7.75 for the first month then 15.50 after each additional month.

I would like to offer a promotion to pay nothing for 3 days then charge the full amount of 15.50 valid for the next couple of weeks.

Can this be done? Did not see any type of option to set this up like this.

If not, can I just setup another plan with this criteria and unplubish it in 2 weeks? Will the recurring payments still work after it is unpublished?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #186096 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Promotions
Somewhat, you can do that with CBSubs Promotions partially. On the advanced tab you'll need to set "Single payment (and for autorecurring payments subscriptions: First payment amount):" to "No" and ensure "For Autorecurring payments subscriptions only: Second and following auto-recurring payments amounts:" is set to "Yes". You'd basically discount the purchase by 3 days worth of payments. This won't give them 3 days then charge them, but they're having the price reduced by 3 days so more or less are getting their 3 free days. Below is example configuration.

Basic
Promotion Type: Applies to all purchases
The promotion is: A fixed amount
Fixed Discount Amount in currency above: 1.55
Maximum uses per customer (0=unlimited): 1
To which plans this promotion applies: Your Plan

Advanced
Single payment (and for autorecurring payments subscriptions: First payment amount): No
For Autorecurring payments subscriptions only: Second and following auto-recurring payments amounts: Yes

It will charge them immediately, but they'll get 3 days discounted off the purchase price.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #186108 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re: Promotions
You should not unpublish a plan that is still recurring and used, but just set that the plan does not accept new subscriptions.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn