[SOLVED] confirming users before being able to subscribe...

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #186535 by maitri
Hi,
I am not sure if this is a question for the CB forum or the CB Subs one, please advice:

When a new user registers and checks one of the subscription options, after the registration process a window comes with the folowing message for the user:
The user has not confirmed his email address or account, the moderator has not appoved the user.
However, I believe that I have CB configured so that users don't need to be approved by a moderator neither the accounts have to be validated by email...

In any case, as the moderator/administrator, I go to user management and edit this new user, I check that 'Aproved user' and 'confirmed' is set to yes (which always is although in the list of users under user management they appear with the red cross as not confirmed, validation pending) and then click save. Then it takes me to a white window with the message: Oops! This page appears broken. DNS Error - Server cannot be found.

Please advice, thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #186537 by maitri
Please notice that the problem I am having is after making sure this is done:
CB > Configuration > Registration and set Approval and Confirmation to both No

12 years 3 months ago #186588 by krileon

Oops! This page appears broken. DNS Error - Server cannot be found.

Seams like a serious issue with your host. Some sort of bad DNS configuration perhaps. Does disabling CBSubs resolve this?

Please ensure your users are using CB registration process and not Joomlas. If your users have to select a plan at registration please ensure your plans within CBSubs > Plans > Workflows do not require approval or confirmation as your plans maybe forcing approval/confirmation.

Please provide Joomla, CB, and CBSubs versions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #186634 by maitri
I tried all you mentioned and it keeps happening. My host provider will check on it later and see if he can say something because I don't know what else to do.

I am using CB 1.4 and CBSubs 1.2.2 It isn't the newest version of CB because I need it in Spanish and couldn't find a more recent one with the spanish plugin.

12 years 3 months ago #186657 by krileon

CB 1.4

I strongly advise you upgrading to CB 1.7.1. It's possible CB being out of date could be cause of some of your issues. You can find CB language plugins at the below forge link.

forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/lan-cb?jump=welcome

Below is a directly link to the Spanish language files. Most recent language plugin is for CB 1.7.1 (spanish_es-ES-1.7.1.zip).

forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/lan-cb-es/files

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #186676 by maitri
Upgraded to CB 1.7.1, thanks for the language plugin info.
However, it didn't solve the problem. What happened is that after upgrading, all registerer users that were not confirmed now they show all with the green checkmarks as confirmed and approved. But the new registration after the upgrade keeps doing the same, still appears as not confirmed and not approved regardless of all configurations are set to be automatic and when entering the user profile and hitting save it takes me to a white screen.

My hosting provider is checking to see if he can find any error messages in the servers but he says he has no clue as to why this can happen since everything is working fine from his end.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn