user paid twice but only has one subscription term

12 years 3 months ago #186558 by ThePiston
We have Plans that run for a calendar year. Users can renew their subscription one year in advance also.

I had a user tell me "I paid twice because I wanted to pay for 2 years."

I looked and she has an expiration date of only one year from when she paid (12/27/2012).

It looks to me like she was somehow able to pay twice on the same day but the system only gave her credit for one year.

Is that possible?

CB 2.3, CBsubs 4.3, PHP 7.1, J! 3.9.X

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #186586 by krileon
Do you have the funds in your gateway account showing she had paid twice? If so review the payment as it should contain information such as the basket ID then match those IDs against the actual baskets within CBSubs > Baskets. As far as I am aware you can't pay twice like that unless for some reason PayPal was never able to communicate to your site that a payment was made (IPNs failing and user didn't return to site for PDT to work).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #186702 by ThePiston
yes, we have 2 settled transactions for her on same day. I see no numbers that in authorize.net that correlate to basket number though. authorize.net has her customer ID but no basket numbers. I see transaction ID, authorization code, and batch ID but none are her basket IDs of 159 and 160. Am I missing it?

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #186758 by beat
The auth.net transaction id is in payment(s) for the basket. There is a link to payments from baskets list view.

You also need to check the notifications *in CBSubs* too (there are links to them from basket view too).

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

12 years 3 months ago #186759 by ThePiston
ok, checked. there are 2 distinct payments and the 2 payment transaction IDs do match the 2 IDs in CBsubs baskets. both were made on same day, but like I said, she was only given a one year expiration. I manually changed her expiration in the DB, but if this could be looked into I'd appreciate it.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn