CBSubs support for PHP5.4

10 years 3 months ago #238812 by booman
CBSubs support for PHP5.4 was created by booman
I wanted to update a CB site to joomla 3 so I started an account with bluehost. I now discover as I test the site that CBSubs is not compatible with PHP5.4. PHP5.3 is no longer available at bluehost because apparently it has security issues. So I can't run the latest Joomla.

How long will it be before there is another release of CBSubs that does support 5.4?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 1 month ago #240308 by booman
Replied by booman on topic CBSubs support for PHP5.4
We have migrated our site to Bluehost and have needed to run PHP 5.2 (single file) to get CBSubs to work. We have now been sent notice that Bluehost wants us to upgrade to PHP 5.4. I think they are discontinuing PHP 5.2 all together. This will render our site useless. Is there an upgrade to CBsubs pending that will support PHP5.4? this issue is now becoming critical for us.

10 years 1 month ago #240309 by Roland
Replied by Roland on topic CBSubs support for PHP5.4
I haven't test it, but according here: www.joomlapolis.com/cb-solutions/cbsubs => Pricing tab => PHP5.4 is supported...

www.simple-quality.de - The Quality-Web-Portal

10 years 1 month ago #240311 by booman
I have test it on PHP5.4 and it didn't work. If someone knows how to make it work we would be very grateful for some help.

9 years 11 months ago #243775 by booman
Is it possible that CBSubs may now work under PHP5.4 with the new version of CB?

9 years 11 months ago #243787 by nant
Replied by nant on topic CBSubs support for PHP5.4

booman wrote: We have migrated our site to Bluehost and have needed to run PHP 5.2 (single file) to get CBSubs to work. We have now been sent notice that Bluehost wants us to upgrade to PHP 5.4. I think they are discontinuing PHP 5.2 all together. This will render our site useless. Is there an upgrade to CBsubs pending that will support PHP5.4? this issue is now becoming critical for us.

If you are not using CBSUbs GPL 3.0 you should upgrade to it.

If you are still using the CBSubs proprietary license product (which has been discontinued for over 1.5 years now) you would need ioncube installed and your existing version might be php sensitive.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.456 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn