Problem with folder access

10 years 2 months ago #241150 by Vorak
Problem with folder access was created by Vorak
Hello,

For a few years now, I have been using the "folder access" feature of CBSubs, which always worked fine. About half a year ago, I upgraded my Joomla from version 1.5 to 2.5, and installed the latest CBSubs version on it as well.

When a user of my site upgrades to a plan, they get access to certain folders. When I set up the new website half a year ago, I tested this and it worked fine. But now I start getting complaints that it's not working, and testing it myself I have come to the conlusion that it is not working indeed.

So this is what happened:

There are 3 menu items which link to a folder protected by a plan. When I tested it, one of the three was working fine (it asked to login, which I did and then got succesful access to that folder), but the other two wouldn't work. I wouldn't even get a login window, it would instantly say I do not have access.

Strangely enough, the Dutch menu links that link to exactly the same folders, would work fine. I compared their settings, but they were identical other than the language. So I copied those Dutch menu links, made the copies English menu links so they would replace the defunct ones. And it worked again, all back to normal.

Then I got the complaint that it still doesn't work for other people. They now do get the login window, but it simply does not accept their login credentials. So I try again - with the same test account I had been using all this time - but it still works fine for me.
Then I try with a second account, and there I do have the aforementioned problem: I get the login window, but my login credentials are not accepted.

So I removed my test account from the plan, tried accessing the protected folders, and guess what... even though my test account is no longer part of any plan, it STILL has access to the protected folders! Whereas my other account, which is still part of a plan, does not.

I'm pretty sure that half a year ago, when I tested everything before putting the site live, all worked fine. And I haven't changed any of the settings related to folder access. So I don't know why this is now suddenly becoming a problem.

Can you help me please?
I hope I explained the problem clearly enough.

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 2 months ago #241506 by Vorak
Replied by Vorak on topic Problem with folder access
Hello, I have been waiting for 7 days now but still no reply?

10 years 1 month ago #241805 by Vorak
It's nearly been another week and still no reply... please?

10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #241824 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problem with folder access
I apologize for having missed your post. If your post is ever missed for more than 3 days please be sure to PM me as it sometimes does happen due to high volume of support posts.

There's a known bug with folder access in CBSubs 3.x. Please see the below where a quickfix has been provided and tested extensively.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/222315-restricting-access-to-the-url-link-of-a-pdf-file?start=30#232362

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 1 month ago #241930 by Vorak
Hello, thank you for your reply.

I have made the code changes as given, but the problem persists. Should I perhaps just try deleting the .htpasswd file?

10 years 1 month ago #241968 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problem with folder access
Yes, try deleting the htaccess and htpasswd files so it can regenerate them when a subscriber logs into CB, registers, or subscribes.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn