Problem with folder access

10 years 1 month ago #242047 by Vorak
Replied by Vorak on topic Problem with folder access
Unfortunately, this has not resolved the problem.

I have 4 different folders that are password protected.
Before I removed the .htaccess and .htpasswd files, one of four would always work, the other three not. I could not figure out why.

Now that I removed those files in all four folders, another two folders are working fine (but not the one that worked before) and two others don't.

In my integration -> folder access in the plan settings, all four are giving the green text "exists and is writable." with absolute path status.

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong :( I have tried logging out and logging back in with my test account a few times now, and in all four folders the new .htaccess and .htpasswd files are automatically newly created.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 1 month ago #242723 by Vorak
Can anyone help me with this problem?

(I have been very busy these past two weeks myself so hence I haven't bumped this topic before now lol)

10 years 1 month ago #242730 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problem with folder access
Please PM backend super administrator login credentials as well as FTP login credentials and will take a look. I'll need to review the htaccess and htpasswd files to see why they're not generating properly. Once those are generated the usage is completely out of CBSubs hands as it's htaccess authentication usage from then on; the most CBSubs will do is update the passwords or remove a users login as needed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 4 days ago #243938 by Vorak
Sorry that it took me so long to reply back here. Things got really busy and I just didn't get around to it sooner.

Anyway, I just sent you a PM with login details for FTP, and Joomla superadmin. If you need anything else, just let me know.

Thanks in advance!

10 years 4 days ago #243982 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problem with folder access
Have reviewed your install and the paths did not appear correct as per the mouseover tooltip. I've corrected them for you. Deleted the old protection files. Logged in as a test user to generate new ones and confirmed it's now working fine. Please also confirm is working fine. Please also note htaccess protection is browser session based. So once you login once it'll continue to work until that cookie expires. A good way to do repeat testing is using Incognito in Chrome so it won't save the session from user to user.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 3 days ago #243994 by Vorak
Hello again,

Thanks for looking into it so quick.

First of all: could you explain what I had done wrong with the paths? I had looked at the mouseover tooltip and believed that the paths were correct, did I overlook something? I assume that you have looked at the first plan, so that way I know what to correct in the other plans too (as the access to those folders is the same for all of them).

Secondly, I have just checked but it seems that the issue still persists. I did use use Incognito in Chrome (something I use frequently for testing purposes, so I have used it before too).

When I log in with the test account (not the superadmin one but the regular one that is subscribed to the first plan; "1 year upgrade"), some links work and some don't.

In the menu, I hover on "Celtic Library" and then click on:

Manuscripts - it keeps asking me to login, does not give me access
Gedcom Family Tree - works
Online Ogham Divination - works
Merlin's Mind Magic - works

(all other links in that menu are not related to password-protected folders and therefore not relevant here)

When I try the same with yet another test account that is subscribed to that same plan, I notice that _none_ of the links can be accessed. Each time, it gives me the login popup over and over again. It does not give an actuall "access denied" error of any kind, unless I were to click the cancel button.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn