new EU e-commerce law / consumer contract regulations - new button solution needed

9 years 10 months ago #245803 by wgary
Hello,

I have one free plan and 5 membership plans with entails costs.

Based on the brandnew e-commerce regulation I have to show a different button "buy (liable with costs)" for the membership plans and a button "register without costs" for the free plan.

Please advise how I am able to change the button text for different plans!

Also I need to display more than one link to Terms & condtions. In the meantime our lawer suggested to link to 5 different regulations to fullfill the ecommerce EU regulations.

best regards
Wolfgang

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 10 months ago #245900 by beat
Hi Wolfgang,

It all depends how you interpret the new EU regulations, and that is a big subject of controversy about it in the E-commerce circles. Different lawyers give different advices and the subject is sure not a settled one.

E.g. The button that must say "Buy" is the one that is related to the firm commitment to pay. You can configure that button in CBSubs in your payment gateway setting.

Regarding the 5 terms your lawyer suggests for approval there are 2 ways, either a single checkmark with 5 links in the terms and conditions. Or just add mandatory checkmark fields to CB's registration page (CB 1.9). For CB 2.0 we have added a "Terms" field-type where you can have as many as your lawyer wishes.

If you want to vary the button of CB's registration page instead of the one of your CBSubs payment page, then you would need to change its language translation, or to apply a bit of jQuery to it.

Best Regards,

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: wgary

9 years 8 months ago #247895 by wgary
Hi Beat, thanks for your reply.

But how to alter the button "Pay" to "free subscription" for different cbSubs plans?

Additional at registration we have to show a summary page or the basket to alter or skip the subscription before sending it. How to achieve this?

br
Wolfgang

9 years 2 months ago #257919 by sentix
@Wolfgang

The same problem exists with the cancellation buttons. You can only show the buttons for all plans or only for one.

@Beat and others at Joomlapolis: Individual Buy buttons and cancellations buttons (rules) for each plan as well as editable fields for Terms & conditions are an absolut minimum requirement for a ecommerce solution these days.

It is very difficult and inconvenient to search for the right language string for an individual customisation, at least as it failed in the setup Wolfgang mentioned. And this setup is a very common one!

Please make such options available for editing in the dialog of a plan.

Versions: CB 2.7.2, J 3.10.6

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn