After Joomla 2.5.22 update - certain pages in CBSubs are coming up BLANK!

9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #246175 by mikerotec
Testing this recommended Joomla upgrade on development server, and it seems to have broken stuff in CBsubs.

In the CBSubs administration panel, certain pages just give a blank white screen ( no data - nothing, not even the Joomal admin menu is loading)

the pages that are coming up blank are:

Settings
Statistics
Taxes
Promotions
Mailer

ALL OTHER PAGES are loading fine. In CB, Paid Subscriptions, and indeed in the Rest of Joomla.

Joomla update says
You already have the latest Joomla! version, 2.5.22.

Extension manager update says
Gantry Update Library 4.1.24
JCE Editor Update Component 2.3.4.4
K2 Update Component 2.6.8
RokAjaxSearch Module Update Module 2.0.3
RokBox Plugin Update Plugin 2.0.7
RokSprocket Module Update Module 2.1.1
System - jQuery Easy Update Plugin 1.5.5

I'm not in a rush to update any of these extensions yet - I like to proceed very carefully, to see what might break.
Just listing them in case you might see a connection to the Joomla 2.5.22 update blanking out several CBsubs admin pages!

Any clues as to why CBSubs is suddenly broken?
To recap: I've done nothing but apply the Joomla 2.5.22 update ( from 2.5.16 )

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 10 months ago #246176 by mikerotec
Something just occurred to me after surfing this forum - is CBSubs fully compatible with PHP 5.5.9 ?? ( everything else in Joomla seems to be - but our DEV server is running 5.5.9 whereas our live server is still running PHP5.4.19 ... perhaps that comes into play with this Joomla update?)

9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #246177 by mikerotec
OK, I guess I am on to something with the PHP5.5 idea... when I turn on the debugging I get dozens of these

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in <span>/</span>var<span>/</span>www/html/w54jjhy0/html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/phpinputfilter/phpinputfilter.inputfilter.php on line 328

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in <span>/</span>var<span>/</span>www/html/w54jjhy0/html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/phpinputfilter/phpinputfilter.inputfilter.php on line 331

... on each of those "blank" pages.

I guess thats an include file?
I guess that the question now would be:
Is that some CBsubs code, or Joomla code ( from the 2.5.22 update)??

9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #246193 by mikerotec
OK, seems this function was deprecated long before PHP5.5 - so... something in Joomla 2.5.22 should be the culprit?

-- or, wait: seems only parts of that function were previously deprecated?

www.php.net//manual/en/migration55.deprecated.php

Oddly enough, turning off deprecate notices in PHP.ini has no effect... so I guess 'error_reporting' is hard-coded as an override in a PHP file somewhere :unsure:

9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #246196 by mikerotec
Hmmm... this was 'fixed' 9 months ago - but now it's unfixed?

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/222863-cb-auto-actions-query-type-not-working#234561

currently running CB 1.9.1

In CB configuration manager it says
Latest version: There was a problem with the request

ah, wait... turned off Joomla debugging, now it says
Latest version: 1.9.1

SO.... is PHP 5.5 the issue, or Joomla 2.5.22 ??

From what I can see online, CB is rated for PHP '5.4' - dunno how current that is, tho...

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.651 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn