migration issue

9 years 6 months ago #248605 by valesilvia
migration issue was created by valesilvia
Hi there,
I have a desperate situation, unfortunately generated by the webmaster of an agency. My website has runned cb paid with no problem for 3 years. Then, all of sudden - probably because of some php server upgrade, or some migration to a new provider done by the webmaster in charge to follow the website - we started to have problems. Basically when users logged in they were all redirected to a blank page, a kind of "loop".
The webmaster was unable to work out the issue, and resigned, after migrating the website again on a new server I subscribed. When I checked the migration the cb folder was compromised, and several folders were missing.
If I try to open the component from the back end I can't click anymore on the cb plugin.
Is there anyway to re-install cb and then cb paid, without losing all the data stored (like plans, and user levels)?
And over all: will I loose all the users info if I uninstall the plugin?
I wait for your kind reply,
my best regards
Valeria

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 6 months ago #248606 by nant
Replied by nant on topic migration issue

valesilvia wrote: Hi there,
I have a desperate situation, unfortunately generated by the webmaster of an agency. My website has runned cb paid with no problem for 3 years.

Great - but you should really migrate to the CBSUbs GPL version which gives you unlimted users and site installs.

Then, all of sudden - probably because of some php server upgrade, or some migration to a new provider done by the webmaster in charge to follow the website - we started to have problems. Basically when users logged in they were all redirected to a blank page, a kind of "loop".

Switching servers and environments can trigger many compatibility issues with any software system.

Typically you would need to check your webserver error logs for errors.
You can also turn on your Joomla debug at maximum level and see if your blank pages give error messages.

One thing I can think of is that your new environment does not have the proper ioncube library needed for the CBSubs proprietary code you have. Upgrading to CBSubs GPL 3.0 should fix this - if this is the cause.

Another thing might be PHP memory limitations on your new environment, which could be increased with the help of your host helpdesk.

The webmaster was unable to work out the issue, and resigned, after migrating the website again on a new server I subscribed. When I checked the migration the cb folder was compromised, and several folders were missing.

That's not good.

If I try to open the component from the back end I can't click anymore on the cb plugin.
Is there anyway to re-install cb and then cb paid, without losing all the data stored (like plans, and user levels)?
And over all: will I loose all the users info if I uninstall the plugin?
I wait for your kind reply,

Backup first as always.

You can install CB 1.9.1 over your existing installation - nothing will be lost in terms of users and data. Any hacks or code changes would be over-written.

You can also install CBSubs over with the same result. All settings and data should be preserved.
The following user(s) said Thank You: valesilvia

9 years 6 months ago #248610 by valesilvia
Replied by valesilvia on topic migration issue
Tanks I'll let you know if it works :)
Valeria

9 years 6 months ago #248612 by valesilvia
Replied by valesilvia on topic migration issue
Hi there,
I've reistalled cb and cb subs, and now I can perfectly access the component and plugins in the backend. But in front end, if I login, I'm redirected to index.php//
and Chrome inform me that the website has generated a loop.
I used Tools and all the lines are green; any tip? Thanks
Valeria

9 years 6 months ago #248616 by valesilvia
Replied by valesilvia on topic migration issue - SOLVED
Hi there,
the redirect loop was a language issue, cb works great. Thanks!!!
best
Valeria

9 years 6 months ago #248651 by nant
Replied by nant on topic migration issue - SOLVED

valesilvia wrote: Hi there,
the redirect loop was a language issue, cb works great. Thanks!!!
best
Valeria

Great - glad you are back on track.

You should upgrade asap to CBSubs GPL 3.0.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn